8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I wanted to know how your Si handles the weather up in Ithaca. I am going to work in Owego starting this summer, but I am planning to find a place out in Ithaca. I heard the winters can be harsh. I currently live in PA, so I am use to the winter here atleast. I visited Ithaca once and it was really hilly. I remember my friend who has an automatic was rolling back while at a light, and had issues parking in tight spaces on this one steep road. Do you find the Si gives you trouble driving in these areas in the snow, or in general? I heard they only plow the main roads. And since it's often cold, how is your transmission doing? Do you have to warm up for over 5 minutes before driving off?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Hey guys,

I wanted to know how your Si handles the weather up in Ithaca. I am going to work in Owego starting this summer, but I am planning to find a place out in Ithaca. I heard the winters can be harsh. I currently live in PA, so I am use to the winter here atleast. I visited Ithaca once and it was really hilly. I remember my friend who has an automatic was rolling back while at a light, and had issues parking in tight spaces on this one steep road. Do you find the Si gives you trouble driving in these areas in the snow, or in general? I heard they only plow the main roads. And since it's often cold, how is your transmission doing? Do you have to warm up for over 5 minutes before driving off?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Get some snows to help you out some. That being said, lake effect snows can be pretty epic and brutal. I think like Syracuse got some obsurd amount of snow a year or two ago, and they average about 10 feet, making them one of the higher, if not the highest average snowfall in ny.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Im in ithaca a few times a year and they dont get hit to hard with snow as compared with other areas. Not sure about how they plow. Yea, ithaca is built on a hill and unless you live/work on the hill you'll be fine as most stores are on the bottom flat part. Its really only residential/college on the hill. I live in buffalo(flat) but i let my car warm up for around 5 minutes i usually clean the car and finish listening to a song and take off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts