8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has finally arrived! (with updates)

After waiting for a year and a half, my dream has come true...

Just picked this 2007 Civic Si in ASM up on Saturday night and I am still shocked. Here's some pics of it, I was originally going to get it in black but I thought about silver and it is a really nice color.

Options that came with the car:
Fog Lights (how do you turn em off?)
Auto Dimming Mirror
Door Guards
Trunk Tray
Splash Guards

$21,887

It was originally being sold by $24,500+ by the dealer but we were willing to walk away, so they offered us that price.

My brother has a 07 FBP Si Sedan with Navi and hopefully we'll get some photoshoot done. haha
I don't know what to do to it but I'm planning on getting tint, intake, navigation and bluetooth. I love this car.

UPDATES:
Front license plate removal:http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52431&page=3

Tint mod:http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52431&page=5

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KingMarineM16a4 said:
to turn them off just push it back into the thingy.
What thingy? haha Cuz I know the 06's fog lights switch is where the VSA is now.

Thanks guys, I also just learned how to drive manual the night I got it and drove it back home. It was funny cuz I stalled 5-6 times during the test drive. haha

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
thinkinblue613 said:
What thingy? haha Cuz I know the 06's fog lights switch is where the VSA is now.

Thanks guys, I also just learned how to drive manual the night I got it and drove it back home. It was funny cuz I stalled 5-6 times during the test drive. haha
If you just started learning manual I suggest you start with this link

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38880&highlight=manual

If you don't feel like reading through all of that, here are some sparknotes from the thread.

Dont ever ride the clutch. The only time your foot should be on the pedal is when you need to hit it. Never rest it there.
Why its bad: Puts unnecessary pressure on the throwout bearing (the thing that rotates w/ the transmission while pushing the clutch out)

Dont rev it in gear w/ the clutch down.

Dont rock back and forth at a light using the clutch to keep you from rolling back.

Dont put it into reverse while going forward or backwards. That grind you hear is the dog teeth grinding. If they grind down too far it'll start to spit the gear out.
Why its bad: Reverse doesn't have syncros so there is nothing to line the gears up when moving so its literally metal on metal grinding.

Dont skip too many gears, more than 1 or 2 or even 3 unless you rev match (see below)

Dont use a broken gear.

I cut out a lot of parts because they are "Sparknotes" =P

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Welcome to da ocho. I can't believe you waited so long. I bought mine and it was delivered in 2 days and then picked it up 2 days from then. Mine came with splash guards, trunk tray too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
very nice! i didn't realize that the FG2 silver looked so stunning. i got a FA5 FBP back in May, didn't really want another silver car after i traded in my 02 jetta. yeah, i know, it was a total chick car...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice car little bro. Where's my negotiator's commission? Hehe. Hmmm you know I don't think I've posted up pics of my FA5 yet. Will get on that later today

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bbeteta89 said:
Congrats...did you hit :vtec: right after you got out of the dealer?
Haha no man, I'm trying not to until I break it in...

Thanks for the tips undisputed, the only thing that is really bugging me is reverse and starting from stop. And I found the fog light switch, its with wrapped around my direction lights lever.

Love this carrrrrr!!!!

Migs, we must take very excellent pics soon.

I've seen rippars car and it is nice.. The cool thing is that I'm Filipino too. haha

Anyone find a good sunshade anywhere? Cuz my shifter was burning my hand yesterday.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts