8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that latley my car is making a sound as if I needed to replace my cv joints(not as loud but, a lot of crackeling). I have an 07 coupe with 5K miles on it and I don't think that its normal for my car to be making that sound. Do you guys have any idea to what it is?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Funny, My 06 LX, 14k miles, is startin to make a slight clicking when rolling while wheel is turned, which normally points to cv joints or axles.

I am not going to do anything until it gets bad enough that the dealer can't say "It's normal" or "We can't hear anything"

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have that too.........I just got back from the dealer and they said my front drivers side strut is leaking and they are ordering a new one?

·
Registered
438 Posts
whimsey12000 said:
I have that too.........I just got back from the dealer and they said my front drivers side strut is leaking and they are ordering a new one?
I had my suspension checked with my personal mechanic less than 1000 miles ago (at 13k), all were dry and no leaks but my sound, sounds more like a cv joint or axle when they start to go bad.

It is possible though, a leak could have started.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's exactly what I thought too though.....it's that click click click sound when turning a corner or going over small bumps......
My car only has 3000kms on it! I was stunned. I asked if this should be something I should be concerned about as an ongoing problem, and was told no, that it was probably faulty when installed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts