8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
909 Posts
articles on yahoo are always wrong.. they didnt add the civics, EVO's, RSX because they know it would piss us off. They (pigs), want to keep this a secret so we wont be on a look out for cops, as a result, more tickets for them. pretty sneaky of them...

and how the **** is a subaru outback more of a cop magnet than a STI or WRX???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:yeahthat:
That's exactly what I was thinking
I should feel offended that Civic is not in there lol, but not something that I'm proud of lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
The thing I didn't see in that article though, is do they take into account how many total cars of each make are on the road or not? Either way, our car is still a cop magnet, regardless of this article.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i got pulled over the first day i bought my Si. I was leaving a bar with my wife and her friends at 2:30 in the morning. I had dd-ed for her and we pulled out of the parking lot didn't make it 20 ft cop whips out and she says your fixing to get pulled over bam lights flick on.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Hell yeah, I get pulled over at least twice a month. Tints and exhaust, but thats the price you pay for it. Last week I was pulled over and let go though.

·
Registered
363 Posts
So far it hasn't been a cop magnet but every ricer in the world that rolls up behind me starts reving at me like they need to prove something against a stock SI.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
screw those poll listings. Whenever a cop see's a modified car or a car of import tuner status, they'll keep a keen eye on them a lot more then just the regular econo boxes

·
Registered
460 Posts
surprised no civic si...lol
i got sedan instead of coupe so im an inch farther from cops magnet,
but if i do slightest things, such as no front license, front tints here in illinois, i know mine will be the supermagnetic

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
very interesting, but they are all stock cars, dunno if the civic will be a cop magnet or not after a few appearence mods.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i got pulled over the first day i bought my Si. I was leaving a bar with my wife and her friends at 2:30 in the morning. I had dd-ed for her and we pulled out of the parking lot didn't make it 20 ft cop whips out and she says your fixing to get pulled over bam lights flick on.
I hope you know that this has far, far, far, far more to do with you being pulled over than any other possible factor.
Hell yeah, I get pulled over at least twice a month. Tints and exhaust, but thats the price you pay for it. Last week I was pulled over and let go though.
Not seeing how that makes the Civic or Civic Si a cop magnet. I'd imagine that the tint and exhaust were cop magnets, not the car.
So far it hasn't been a cop magnet but every ricer in the world that rolls up behind me starts reving at me like they need to prove something against a stock SI.
This is my experience. The only people who even care are boy racers. My old non-M BMW sedan (e36 325i) got far more attention from police than my Si. BMW, owned 4 years, got 2 tickets. Civic Si, owned 2 years, 0 tickets thus far. Both cars white with legal tint.

·
Banned
544 Posts
before buying this car i never had any tickets .. only 1 pull over
- Defiantly i've been pulled over 4 times after having the car 3 months STOCK

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
HA tC's I could see that being true, my friend gets pulled over and screwed way more than I have been, plus they are numerous for the younger crowd.
One thing is they dont count the number of cars actually on the road. Jaguars are rare as hell because the new ones suck.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts