8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to work and my boss told me to get the money to the bank for her... no big deal... so im in the bank for not even 5 minutes come out and the whole passanger side door is dented in:SHOCKED: . By the end of the day the bottom part kinda poped out by itself but if you look to the glare you still see the bended part... the worst part it at the top.. the paint came off and now its starting to rust... now tell me is fixing this lil dent worth $450?!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohhhhhhh noooooooooooo Honda wanted $809!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $450 was like the average price where i live!!!

·
Banned
133 Posts
Since you're on "official Business" bill your boss for it. If they're making you use your private vehicle on company time, it's their (insurance's) problem.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Ugh... I'd be livid if someone did that to me.

Just a question, is there any stipulation about the fact that your car was being used for work purposes... i.e. could/should you be covered under your employer's insurance because it was during work hours and for work purposes?
Any insurance experts? Where's cny et al on this one? :D

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
S Eye said:
Since you're on "official Business" bill your boss for it. If they're making you use your private vehicle on company time, it's their (insurance's) problem.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
46 Posts
S Eye got a point it really should be on the company you work for if they are asking you to use your car. I guess really will depend how much they willing to work with you. Coworker got a ticket while he was on the job and they payed for it (parking violation).

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah that thing is going to cost a pretty penny to fix. Dings/dents that are on a body crease like the ones in our civics cost more to fix than dents in the middle of a piece of sheet metal ie doors hoods etc. I feel your pain!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spocheld said:
:yeahthat: And the person didn't even have the decency to leave a note?!?!?!
nope it was a hit and run... and yea i told my boss that since i got the money to the bank for her i should get my door fixed... she a bizootch!!! didnt gave me a penny.. got a raise. and no the bank of course didn't have any CAMERAS!!!!!!! damn! wish there were... plus the police station was like down the road!!!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
so from now on...dont use your car for buisness. expensive lesson to learn.

and just get it fixed....BTW $450 for a good body shop seems like a fair price.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
customh66 said:
nope it was a hit and run... and yea i told my boss that since i got the money to the bank for her i should get my door fixed... she a bizootch!!! didnt gave me a penny.. got a raise. and no the bank of course didn't have any CAMERAS!!!!!!! damn! wish there were... plus the police station was like down the road!!!
There are people on 8thcivic who are in the insurance industry. Caliguy is I think...
Seriously, if there's any possibility that it is your employer's responsibility to cover this (which I think it is... but I'm not an expert), then talk to people and find out what the rules are. You may just be able to get this done via your employer.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts