8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! I guess this is my first post here :p did a brief search but couldn't get an exact answer to my question, so I figured I'd make a thread... hope I didn't overlook a certain thread with the answer to this question (and yes, I read most of the pages of the DIY MTF change thread :p)

2008 Civic Si Sedan. just hit 100,000 recently, and I'm dealing with the notorious 3rd gear grinding/notchy-ness/low speed clunking while engaging and disengaging 1st and 2nd gear, so I'm looking to replace my transmission fluid, and I'm pretty much set on the GM Synchromesh friction modified semi-synthetic.

now, before I order 2 quarts of this fluid ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/88900399-Synchromesh-Friction-Modified-Transmission/dp/B00BK7M2VW[/ame]), I just want to make sure this is safe enough to use on helical LSD's/wet clutch applications. multiple people with Hondas and Acuras have been giving this product phenomenal reviews on this Amazon product page, but again, just want to make sure I'm getting the proper fluid the first time. thanks in advance for the help! appreciate it :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Order away. Remember that it can't heal any mechanical damage already done.

BTW, changing out with either new OEM or Amsoil MTF have also helped me in the past. Take whichever is more convenient to get.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Order away. Remember that it can't heal any mechanical damage already done.

BTW, changing out with either new OEM or Amsoil MTF have also helped me in the past. Take whichever is more convenient to get.
awesome! appreciate the response. and yeah, I've heard pretty decent feedback regarding AMSoil, but not so much for Honda's MTF (even with their new formula, unfortunately). however, I've heard nothing but good things in regards to GM Synchromesh.

I just picked this car up with 99k on the clock, and I have a good feeling it's still using the MTF from the factory it rolled out of in 2007 hahahah. while it won't repair any of the potential damage, I know this will be the best thing I can do for the transmission until I get around to raking up the funds needed for a rebuild :x

thanks again man!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I picked up 2 quarts from my local chevy dealer and they've heard good things from other Honda owners coming in for more bottles. I haven't put it into my transmission yet, but hopefully my 2nd gear notch is lessened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
KingIzzyFG2
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing