1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Oh GOD no. We use SD-20 at work to cut through EVERYTHING. It's burned varnish off of desks, and takes paint off of the walls. Hell, if you squirt it on a styrofoam cup, its hasta-la-byebye after a few minutes!

Don't do it! Plus, overuse leaves an equally horrible residue.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i just use dish detergent mixed with warm water like a 50 50 mix. i spray it on. wait a few minutes and spray it off. if i have to ill use hot rinse water and a MF towel to get the really dirty parts. those engine degreasers are for junkyard motors. or someone trying to sell a piece of **** that washes the motor to make the car look more valuable.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Si4Life said:
i just use dish detergent mixed with warm water like a 50 50 mix. i spray it on. wait a few minutes and spray it off. if i have to ill use hot rinse water and a MF towel to get the really dirty parts. those engine degreasers are for junkyard motors. or someone trying to sell a piece of **** that washes the motor to make the car look more valuable.
It didnt even mention Engine Bays on the can. It's just All Purpose degreasers i "found" at work.

Ill use your technique since its safer. THanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts