8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question which Im kind of embarrassed to ask.. but i will anyways:biggrin: So far i have the AEM SRI on my car (soon to swap to a CAI:popcorn:), DCRH, weapon R defouler, LOL, and a full on custom catback set-up with a 2.5" piping all the way, no cats. I've noticed that about a week or two after putting on the DC race header, after i hit :vtec: acouple of times, and the engine is warm, hitting :vtec: in 4th or 5th gear isnt as loud or is unnoticeable. I'm guessing that my powerband is more stable with regards to the curve, but does anyone have this "issue". I also notice this if I downshift coz of traffic and i hit it again, sometimes i really cant hear the :vtec: transition... maybe from heat temps in the engine bay? powerband curve? Any ideas or answers?...:popcorn: Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
get your **** dynoed and see if the power is there at the vtec actuation. If the power is there then probably just more stable curve like you said. Might not be able to hear the crossover because of the added noise from the header.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well from experience tuning my RSX-S teh better my tune got the less i could hear the changeover point, and my engine ran more quiet. or if could be that in 4th or 5th gear the road noise is more substantial and therefore it is harder to hear your engine. iono could also be that after running your engine for a couple of weeks carbon built up on the inside of ur DCRH and doesnt let as much noise out. generally after you break in ur bolt-ons they will not be as loud as when they first went on. or could be just you getting used to the noise. iono

1 - 3 of 3 Posts