8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nitrous Express (Drive-by-Wire Adapter Only)

Nitrous Express Import EFI Stage 1 System (10 lb Bottle)

DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs (2 Steps Colder Heat Range)

MSD Pro-Billet Distributor (Driver Coil)

Nitrous Express GenX-2 Accessory Kits
fully automatic bottle heater with pressure transducer
fuel pressure safety switch
liquid filled N2O flow-thru pressure guage
pressure release fitting
blowdown tube

Nitrous Express Automatic Remote Bottle Opener

MSD Pro-Billet Distributor (Ignition Coil)

Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser (Grounding System)

Buddy Club Racing Spec Battery

ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit

ACT XACT StreetLite Flywheel

Walbro High Volume In-Tank Electric Fuel Pump (255 LPH)

AEM Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

AEM Wideband UEGO Gauge (Air & Fuel Ratio)

RC Engineering Fuel Injectors (Saturated, 550 cc/min)

Comptech USA Short Shifter

Ingalls Engine Torque Damper

The only thing I'm not sure about is the buddy club race condenser (but I heard it helps) and the fuel injectors I choose. This is my setup for a 75 shot. I want to do a 100 shot, but I don't have the money to install pistons, rods, sleeves, etc. Maybe in a few months I'll do a monster biuld lol. Oh yeah I already got an AEM CAI, Buddy Club Racing Header, and Buddy Club Exhaust on the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
that's a lot more than you really need to install a NX setup.

I installed an EFI hitman kit and that was it, stock everything else. 50 hp shot automatic

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At some point i am going to do a 100 shot. And when I do that I want to just reinforce internals and get a progressive nitrous controller. I figured if your going to something you might as well do it right the first time. If you look at everything on the list though, you can pretty much find a reason to have it.

torque damper - nitrous kicks in alot of torque
fuel pressure regulator - adjusting for when your running rich/lean
AEM guage - so you can tell when your running rich/lean
fuel pump - the bigger the shot, the more fuel right? also for future 100 shot
short shifter - obviously, alot of power need to be able to shift quicker
act clutch - obvious
flywheel - better/quicker engine response
plugs - you need them
etc, etc

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hey smooky I got a ZEX TPS for the DBW for sale, like new only used once :) Been trying to get ride of it along with my N2O setup. PM me if your interested

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ how in the hell are you going to control the 550s and the walbro????????????????
and how will you run a FPR?????:iorun:
This is why the thread is titled, is this all I need?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Stock you only need to get the plugs and anything over a 75, if you are going to use it for a good while, better clutch, Mine is already gone with 8000 with the juce.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This what I read in one of the websites that sell wet kits.

35-40 Shot: You shouldn't need to purchase anything but 1 degree colder non-platinum spark plugs (iridium is preferred).

50 Shot: Get a set of 1-2 degree colder non-platinum spark plugs, preferably iridium. If you have an older Civic, you may want to get an aftermarket ignition (like MSD) and spark plug wires, as this can yield more power and also provide an added measure of safety.

60-75 Shot: Same as 50 shot, but you should retard ignition timing by 2-3 degrees to be safe. Definitely get an aftermarket ignition and wires. You may also find you need a stronger clutch. It would be a good idea to get an air/fuel ratio gauge to see if you are running lean or rich, and then correct it with a fuel pressure regulator or ecu controller.

90-100+ Shot: Mandatory to do everything mentioned in the 60-75 shot plus you need to upgrade your engine internals (forged pistons, rods, re-sleeve the block, etc.). A stronger fuel pump will be needed. You may need a progressive nitrous controller. Dyno tuning is a must.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the ecu automatically retards timing when it senses knock. I have a turbo on my R18 now and am doing a 100hp more over stock

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well since there is nothing to tune them with, WHY WOULD YOU BUY THEM?
Good Point, I didn't think about that. so then just the 75 shot w/plugs and a clutch and I'm good then? What would you recommend to do a 100 shot?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts