8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Exactly. I signed the petition to try to overturn that. I know it won't do anything but it takes 2 seconds. But mostly for the sake of this forum (it's the only forum I use) because I'm modding my car a lot more now and I really need the diy's. The lack of images pushes me to facebook to ask the questions there (which I prefer not to do). I did start using imgur though. I wish the diy's could be redone but I get the feeling that a lot of those people have moved on to other cars unfortunately.

You have facebook pretty much summed up in this post. It's the trolling, bashing, and overall negativity that gets to me the most. People think honda people are clowns. Hate to say but for except for a few people, they're right.
Signing the petition, like you said, won't do anything. Still, here's hoping. I've taken the action of downloading all of my photobucket pictures (I'm active on a few owners forums) and migrating to imgur. I tried flickr, but it's a pain to use. I agree, I"m dependent on using DIY and photos, it's too bad soo many threads are now basically worthless.

With regards to facebook, it's such a poor tool to use for 1) advice, 2) good objective information, 3) DIYs. IMO, nothing beats a "forum" format. I come here to share information and help others, while I use the info downloaded here as well. FB: very bad format. For social activities I can see it's value, such as meets and stuff like that. Otherwise, it's worthless......... again: my opinion.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Signing the petition, like you said, won't do anything. Still, here's hoping. I've taken the action of downloading all of my photobucket pictures (I'm active on a few owners forums) and migrating to imgur. I tried flickr, but it's a pain to use. I agree, I"m dependent on using DIY and photos, it's too bad soo many threads are now basically worthless.

With regards to facebook, it's such a poor tool to use for 1) advice, 2) good objective information, 3) DIYs. IMO, nothing beats a "forum" format. I come here to share information and help others, while I use the info downloaded here as well. FB: very bad format. For social activities I can see it's value, such as meets and stuff like that. Otherwise, it's worthless......... again: my opinion.
I completely agree with you there. About the broken diy's, I wonder if some of these original people could be messaged to reupload their pics to another host. If thery're still around on here, that is. Might be worth a shot. Also- I just noticed you became a mod. I'm not surprised though!

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I completely agree with you there. About the broken diy's, I wonder if some of these original people could be messaged to reupload their pics to another host. If thery're still around on here, that is. Might be worth a shot. Also- I just noticed you became a mod. I'm not surprised though!
On other forums, if you click on the image, you can (sometimes) get to see the image but on other browser tab. If this works, then DIY with images can probably be recovered by:

1) a user copying the original text and inserting the image in, let's say, Word and paste it as a reply. Then a moderator can replace the broken pic links while giving credit to the original author (avoiding legal stuff)........

Something to think about.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It's sad but this forum is really dead. I just came back on here for nostalgia, saw this thread, and had to log back in. Haven't logged in for years. I remember ten years ago when you would come on here and there would be like 1,000 members on at one time every single time.

Sad day. I just sold my Fiji blue Si in May. Picked up a 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport. Missing the Si though. Will put some cash on the side and hopefully sometime next year I'll find a killer deal and have a weekend autocross car to build.

Cheers guys, it was fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've tried clicking the link to a lot of photos but they aren't popping up either. I'm not extremely bummed about that as much as I am that I haven't seen as much recent interaction as I thought I would.

I'm new here and a first time civic owner now. I expected there to be a lot more activity on a civic forum, even if they are a few years old.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I come back every so often because every problem you could ever have with this car has been found and fixed by someone 10 times already. It's a great wealth of information.

My 2007 Civic EX it going to help take me to an early retirement as I avoid having an unnecessary car payment. It has 228,000 Miles on it and can be serviced cheaply. Did I mention it looks 9.5/10 for a car with that many miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I come back every so often because every problem you could ever have with this car has been found and fixed by someone 10 times already. It's a great wealth of information.

My 2007 Civic EX it going to help take me to an early retirement as I avoid having an unnecessary car payment. It has 228,000 Miles on it and can be serviced cheaply. Did I mention it looks 9.5/10 for a car with that many miles.
LOL, we're in the same boat. My 07 EX sedan has 227,000 miles and looks VERY GOOD.

The forum "isn't what it used to be", but it still serves many, me included. Baring any accidents, I plan on keeping my R18 until it the drivetrain blows up.

PS: The front fender looks opaque, but it's shiny. I need to buff her good soon.

Can you spot the mods?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Traffic has definitively died down since I've joined.
Sad to say but forums are almost becoming obsolete to FB and other social media outlets that allow group chats/pages.

·
Registered
11 Posts

LOL, we're in the same boat. My 07 EX sedan has 227,000 miles and looks VERY GOOD.

The forum "isn't what it used to be", but it still serves many, me included. Baring any accidents, I plan on keeping my R18 until it the drivetrain blows up.

PS: The front fender looks opaque, but it's shiny. I need to buff her good soon.

Can you spot the mods?
This is clean! I'm at 173K and you guys give me motivation to keep going til the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Traffic has definitively died down since I've joined.
Sad to say but forums are almost becoming obsolete to FB and other social media outlets that allow group chats/pages.
I noticed that and it's a bummer. I much prefer the forums for this sort of community versus an social media platform. But I guess I'm the minority.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
You rarely see people with over 5k posts in this forum. Oh well.
I dunno, I've been on this forum for 10 years now, as you can see on my post count, I don't post alot unless it's adds to a conversation. Reminds me of the hidplanet forum. I've been there for years, but haven't posted a whole lot.

LIke I said before, FB replacing the forum format is just silly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dunno, I've been on this forum for 10 years now, as you can see on my post count, I don't post alot unless it's adds to a conversation. Reminds me of the hidplanet forum. I've been there for years, but haven't posted a whole lot.

Well at least we're still here! Silver lining.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
wow I was going to make a post just like this and ask if anyone was one anymore? It seems so dead on here most the post on here are from month or years back. I have not been here in awhile but decide to give it a look today. But always a good place to come and read some of the old post. And get some good info. Maybe one day it will be a bit more active. FB seems to have taken over a lot. Well hello:wavey::wavey: to the few still active members.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I plan on keeping this car forever as well, so I'll probably pop on and off of here consistently. Like Philby719 mentioned, when I joined I expected more activity too, since these cars are still quite relevant and people still mod them and stuff. I hate the fb/social media approach as I've mentioned before. But I think one of the hardest things about it is that you don't get the DIY's with pictures the same way on there, so much scrolling for answers and the fb search is much less effective than on here. Heaven forbid if you ask a question that has already been answered, you'll probably hear about it even though it's common knowledge that fb search sucks and won't show all results. I've met good people there but there is drama too. (And more trolls, haha). On here, I like how a lot of people on here are willing to contribute information and even though the search on here isn't great either, if you know how to search properly you can always find the info or people often willing to help even if it takes a few days for a response.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
man FB sucks so much somethings when it comes asking for help or advice. I try to help out when I can. I finally gave up on FB. haha but I do plan to keep my Civic as long as I can. And like many I still come to 8th gen to read old post and get ideas or DIY that still help out so much.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Well at least we're still here! Silver lining.
I was a premium member from waaay back in 2006 when I bought my 06 GGM Si. Unfortunately I had to sell it back to the stealership when the economy took a poo, lest the repo man get it. Times are better and finally was able to get an 09 Si coupe recently with clean Carfax and only 95k miles. Lol, I even won Corsport shifter bushings back in the day when Webby did a countdown to Christmas, giveaway a day.?

61 - 80 of 106 Posts