8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i have had my car for one year.I bought i new and i have put 48470 miles on it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I thought average was 12K a year... if that was the case you would have driven as much as 4 times the average amount. Kelley Blue Book will always tell you the average amount of miles for how old your car is. I don't think a whole lot of ppl put 49K miles on a car in a year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah that is definitely a lot of miles.

Dealerships say 15k per year as a rough estimate. I hope you aren't planning on trading that in.

Wow.

-Andre

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
ya, that's a LOT of miles for a year. I've had mine for almost a year and a half now and just passed 34,000 and I think I drive a lot. But I can see that if you're an outside rep, or something that you have to do a lot of driving for your work.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
yeah jesus... my first car i leased a reg 05 civic and i leased it for 2 years... returned it with 15,000 give or take a few hundred.

DAM that is a lot

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
The average mileage for a car actually is different from location to location. 13k miles might be average for where some of you live, but around 22k is average in DFW.

Regardless, nowhere in America is 48k miles even close to average. You seriously put some miles on that bad boy. I'm just now hitting that in my 05 em2, and I beat myself up regularly for putting so many miles on my car. Crazy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts