8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so in the last month ive spent around 2grand for this setup.

jl 500\1 amp
2 12in jl W3 subs
jl 1200 watt wiring kit
kenwood ddx6019 in dash radio\dvd player with ipod hook up

in total for everything installed i spend 2,143$

Since everything has been installed ive noticed awesome sound quality but my radio reception is down in the shitter every station is statiky and idk why. Neither does that place that installed everything and honda wont look at my car without charging me cause of the aftermarket stuff.

Also my car seems to be dead when i first try to start it up in the morning i turn the key and nothing turns on no lights nothing. I wait a few seconds and try to start it again and it does with no problems except that my clock and stuff are all messed up with the wrong time and stations are no longer preset

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Somethings pulling current when your car is off...

Turn off your car, and look at the amps. If they stay lit up there's your problem.

As for radio static, there could be any number of reasons for that.

I'd take it back to the place that installed it. That's what you paid for.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I had the same setup in my car except i have a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 as a HU. Did you get an aftermarket radio adapter installed when u put everything else in? I took my subs out to get my trunk space back because i felt that a trunk is more important than blowing out my eardrums. IMO those subs with that amp are a great combination and are very loud especially in a ported box.
Also my car seems to be dead when i first try to start it up in the morning i turn the key and nothing turns on no lights nothing. I wait a few seconds and try to start it again and it does with no problems except that my clock and stuff are all messed up with the wrong time and stations are no longer preset
Whenever you have to jump start you car it will reset your clock and radio presets. Its like disconnecting your battery

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here are few things you could check:

1) When you car stereo is being installed (sitting in the shop for prolong period of time), they might have drained your battery a few times so not all the cells are working. You can attach a battery load tester on your current battery and check the health. Check the voltage of the battery after you fully charged it, if it's around 10V, one of the 6 cells are dead and you need a new battery.

2) If your battery is healthy, you could remove the inline fuse for your sound system and see you still have the starting problem overnight. This will shut off the amplifier/eq/line driver,etc (but not necessary head unit)

3) If that still doesn't help, there might be something drawing current from your battery - you might have to double check wiring to your HU, make sure all the ACC 12V goes to a switched outlet (not direct 12V).

Good luck

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i got the starting problem fixed. When they ran the wire to the battery and reconnected the positive cable they over tightened it and cracked the terminal. Im guessing that y it had a hard time starting it was not fully connected to the battery terminal. as for the radio working they dont no so im dropping my car off for the day so they can look into that and replace my positive harness for my battery

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's a lot of money for a stereo system with stock speakers and a stock 4ch amp...Can you even hear the speakers over the subs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts