8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well first off ive never really understood if when u have a turbo, do you also have CAI?
but here is the list everything is from Corsport

Ingen CAI MR
Buddy Club headers :D i like em
Greddy TiC exhaust or Evo2 (have not decided)
ClutchMasters FX300 stage 3 or something that can hold the power
ACT Streetlite flywheel
garbing strut tower bar
corsport lower h brace
rear lower tie bar
front lower tie bar

with all the rants with AJP.. ive decided to get
Greddy turbo
TUNE (whichever is best.. hondata emanage.. etc)
BC stage 2 turbo camshafts (not sure whats diff of non turbo)
BC dual spring / retainer kit (needed for camshafts above)

the total is about 7k

it is a DD but id like to have the option of putting out 500hp EVENTUALLY. after upgrading turbo etc. not sure what else would needed to be upgraded but advice would be nice.
my main issue is knowing whats compatible and what is complementary to eachother

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
intake and HEADER is not needed with a turbo kit. the BC cams might not work correctly unless you can tune it good with the emanage though....

besides that it sounds good.

^hondata doesnt work with greddy...

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I'd personally wait for more F/I options. If you buy an SC, you can continue to use your bolt-on parts, such as your intake, header, exhaust, etc.

garbing strut tower bar
corsport lower h brace
rear lower tie bar
front lower tie bar
These will provide very little difference. More of a placebo effect than anything. There are better things to upgrade suspension-wise - tires, camber, sway bars, etc.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
intake and HEADER is not needed with a turbo kit.
what makes the header not work?.. so the exhaust just bolts to the motor with thought any headers at all?? :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
a turbo has a turbo manifold...it replaces the header. and the downpipe bolts to the exhaust.
turbo manifold and intake manifold are different right? i have not worked on my engine other then the SS but i read ALOT about my car especially on this site. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
garyward said:
turbo manifold and intake manifold are different right? i have not worked on my engine other then the SS but i read ALOT about my car especially on this site. thanks in advance
A turbo manifold is a special kind of exhaust manifold. They generally have thicker walls, disregard flow characteristics that would apply to NA setups, and have fitted ends designed to bolt up to specific variaties of turbos.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Like your other post, it seems you are really young and inexperienced.. You want a 500 whp car..but you don't know what an exhaust manifold/downpipe is that replaces your header. I definately don't think emanage is going to do what it needs to do in this application. I'm also unsure if there are a set of cams for turbo applications, seeing as how most kits haven't been on the market too long (and there being pretty much no tuning options). I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I really think you need to research more and learn just cars in general more. Not a lot of people are running around with 500+ hp K series cars. I doubt there are any 18 year olds that don't know their parts list that are part of that group.

Just curious, but where are you getting this $7,000 worth of mod money? Did you buy your Si?

·
Registered
300 Posts
ibanez37 said:
Just curious, but where are you getting this $7,000 worth of mod money? Did you buy your Si?
Yeah, If I had just bought my car AND had another $7K to put into it... I definitely would have bought a different car.

Op - Also, you're planning to do a lot to your car all at once, be prepared for some problems that are bound to occur. And you're also going to be throwing away a lot of your warranty.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Toy Slacker said:
Yeah, If I had just bought my car AND had another $7K to put into it... I definitely would have bought a different car.

Op - Also, you're planning to do a lot to your car all at once, be prepared for some problems that are bound to occur. And you're also going to be throwing away a lot of your warranty.
And since he doesn't know anything, he's going to be paying somebody else to do everything for him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts