8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there gonna be a short/long or both as far as cold air intakes for the EX 1.8L motor?? And will someone please post when they know of parts that become available for both the EX and Si? I'm looking for a good cold air intake and a some sound. But don't know where I should start, any suggestions? Thanks

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
toward the end of the month I think you will see stuff actually stocked in the online store. I don't have an official date, but it should be xmas time or shortly after.

They will make both short ram, and cold air for both.

·
Registered
6 Posts
are they going to make turbo/sc kits that fit both? This is my first civic and I have no clue where to start when it comes to buying parts for my engine. What are the best companies to stick with?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
since i only plan on keeping the civic for less than 2 years.. the only performance bolt-on i'm doing is a CAI. Gives it a little more pep and sometimes better gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
be like a bear and hybernate.. its going to be a long wait!

lol

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
brownandconfused said:
are they going to make turbo/sc kits that fit both? This is my first civic and I have no clue where to start when it comes to buying parts for my engine. What are the best companies to stick with?
nah, turbo setups or s/c setups will be car specific. Well, they will make things to work with the Non SI models, and then ones for the SI model. You won't have a company making one that fits both because the engine is different.

Usually I tell people, "you get what you pay for". Sticking with more main stream names will usually yeild better products in the long run. Will a 50 dollar intake from ebay work for your car? You bet. Will it last as long and perform as well as say injen or aem? - No. I've seen way too many posts in my time about shotty parts on ebay or other sites. I've even tried some of the parts on ebay myself. What I found was that - yes they might be ok for a while, but parts either rusted, started breaking down quick, or had issues within about a years time. So in the long run I bought something cheap to begin with, and then ended up paying more to buy the better name brand stuff later.

Basically, the brands found in the store have a good track record with auto enthusiasts for quality on the whole.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm pretty sure companies will be making parts for the civic. But I would think that companies would lean to the Si first and the other models second. But for first mods I would rather upgrade my suspension....but seeing how parts are kinda lean I might just go with whatever is out.

I'm having a really hard time trying to resist buying the DC sports axle back.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
ShowcaseFG2 said:
I'm pretty sure companies will be making parts for the civic. But I would think that companies would lean to the Si first and the other models second. But for first mods I would rather upgrade my suspension....but seeing how parts are kinda lean I might just go with whatever is out.

I'm having a really hard time trying to resist buying the DC sports axle back.
I'd wait since there wont' be much gains, if any.

·
Registered
157 Posts
sorry to jack your thread im just wondering if anyone knows anything about cold air intakes for the Civic DX

1 - 15 of 15 Posts