8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....not tooo many people have the k and n typhoon intake on the site because first of al there are barely any threads on it and everyone seems to have injen or aem?

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
mainly because its an overpriced metal tube with a Heatshield. You are going to have 3 different distinct classes of modifiers on intakes. You will have the Die hard CAI people that swear there is no other way to go. You will have the SRI people that swear there is no other way to go and then you will have peopel like me that feel that Honda knew what they were doing whenever they put the Dividers in the MAF housing and refuse to use an intake without it (X-intake AEM V2).

At the end of the day its a filter on a tube and the K&N just happens to have a heat shiel that has been proven not to reduce heatsoak but only to help protect the filter from Heat.

Buy a CRV Tube section out a Stock MAF make a stand and add a filter you have a Cost effective SRI that will have all the benefits of aftermarket as well as the reliability and consistancy of Stock

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
...and then you'll have a few others who have modified the stock airbox to do much better things. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh im just asking because i have the typhoon and picked it up for $80 and i am impressed
all i had to do was clean the filter which took all of 20 minutes

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
oh im just asking because i have the typhoon and picked it up for $80 and i am impressed
all i had to do was clean the filter which took all of 20 minutes
Great price for a good SRI.:thumb:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
....not tooo many people have the k and n typhoon intake on the site because first of al there are barely any threads on it and everyone seems to have injen or aem?

I actually had a V1 Typhoon ordered back in 2007. K&N cancelled the V1 Typhoon, so I looked elsewhere, which ultimately led me to create my own intake. I suppose the V2 Typhoon is essentially the same as an AEM or Fujita SRI.

The one downside I see is the oiled filter, which can cause issues with the MAF sensor if not cleaned periodically. If I were looking for a SRI, I would look towards AEM or Fujita. I hope for many of you that AEM comes out with a V2 SRI, replete with a MAF housing that has vanes in it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I've had the typhoon version 1, version 2, and a K&N universal Apollo intake modified to fit. I have liked them all, the version 2 was the loudest, With the version 2 the intake air temp was cooler than the version 1, but the apollo was the coolest...

The only one I dyno'ed was the version 2, the problem with it is a litttle power is lost down low, and at about 7krpm it starts making decent power....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had the typhoon version 1, version 2, and a K&N universal Apollo intake modified to fit. I have liked them all, the version 2 was the loudest, With the version 2 the intake air temp was cooler than the version 1, but the apollo was the coolest...

The only one I dyno'ed was the version 2, the problem with it is a litttle power is lost down low, and at about 7krpm it starts making decent power....
Which one did you end up choosing? Or, did you go with another brand/setup?

I've been considering the K&N Typhoon, and would appreciate any other input on it, as well as the Apollo setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts