8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TL's nav allows for voice recognition. Think the civic will have the same capability

*Update*

Look at the ukdm iterior shots of the steering wheel. There are audio controls on the left stem and cruise on the right stem, but there are also two paddles right under the cruise buttons that appear similiar to the TL's voice nav button, different placement though. THere are two of them, one with an "i" and one thats blank.....Could be a voice button and the i button is for trip information. Also, look at the stereo, it has an mp3 button more than likely to switch between standard audio and portable mp3 players!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
el_ben2 said:
not sure.... dont compare the TL whit the CIVIC... 2 x civic = TL
Im not comparing the cars....the tl and tsx ahve very similiar headlights yet the tl is about 10,000 more. Im comparing navs not the entire car lol

·
Banned
92 Posts
voice recognition as opposed to what other type of navigation? ive never been fortunate enough to ride or own a car with navigation so i really dont know how the darn things work. im sure we arent supposed to look at the screen and play with it as the car is in motion...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
albundy said:
voice recognition as opposed to what other type of navigation? ive never been fortunate enough to ride or own a car with navigation so i really dont know how the darn things work. im sure we arent supposed to look at the screen and play with it as the car is in motion...
With the TL's nav you can say like "find the nearest McDonalds" and it will calculate the quickest route to the nearest McDonalds. You can also save routes and just say the name of the route or something like that so you dont have to punch the address in everytime

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ever12 said:
tsx msrp= $27,200

tl msrp= $33,000
ok...about $6,000 more. If the civic will have nav, I dont see why it couldnt have voice but I guess we'll see. I'm just happy to have the option period. I just like speculating. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
albundy said:
i really doubt that civics will have voice navi. id like to, but these again, are just civics.
I think its funny how you guys are saying "its just a civic" but if you think about it, this new civic is moving upscale leaving a lower scale for the city/whatever. Meaning its more than todays civic's meaning it will have more upscale features. I think of it as the tsx of the honda line-up.

Also, no one believed that the civic would have 200 hp or an lsd but it has it. Its taking the rsx's place holder. Then Acura will release a two door tsx with an awd vesion rumored..

·
Banned
92 Posts
i do have that wishful thinking in the back of my head, that would all impress me... really it would... but keeping that in the traditional civic pricing? its gonna be tough

theres a fine line between safety standards, and luxury.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look at the mazda 3...its got projector hids, nav, and a bunch of other features for a great price...

·
Registered
420 Posts
kadenx said:
I think its funny how you guys are saying "its just a civic" but if you think about it, this new civic is moving upscale leaving a lower scale for the city/whatever. Meaning its more than todays civic's meaning it will have more upscale features. I think of it as the tsx of the honda line-up.

Also, no one believed that the civic would have 200 hp or an lsd but it has it. Its taking the rsx's place holder. Then Acura will release a two door tsx with an awd vesion rumored..
it doesnt have it yet ;)

we still have yet to see the finished product.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
True that but look at the ukdm iterior shots of the steering wheel. There are audio controls on the left stem and cruise on the right stem, but there are also two paddles right under the cruise buttons that appear similiar to the TL's voice nav button, different placement though. THere are two of them, one with an "i and one thats blank.....Could be a voice button and the i button is for trip information. Also, look at the stereo, it has an mp3 button more than likely to switch between standard audio and portable mp3 players!

·
Registered
420 Posts
i think we should stop comparing the euro civics and the usdm civics because they will be two very different cars. just like the exterior is very different the interior probably will be too

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Look at the two buttons on the left stalk of the steering wheel under the radio controls. Could that be the voice nav option>????? :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts