8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, my si randomly doesn't start. Been having this problem for 2 weeks, specially when it sits and get cold. I had a new battery installed a few months ago and there is no dimming out in lights or anything.

Here is what it sounds like i when i try to start it

·
Registered
200 Posts
That ws my problem in an '08 EX cpe.. different motor but similar issue. Had nothing to do with cold, but would randonly not start.. turn key nothing or just a click. then 20 miutes later would start. Would fool me jump it it would start, replace battery it would start.. always at an inopportune time then one day it just went totally dead not start.
AAA towed it to a shop, a few hundred bucks later starter replaced, a year later no issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That ws my problem in an '08 EX cpe.. different motor but similar issue. Had nothing to do with cold, but would randonly not start.. turn key nothing or just a click. then 20 miutes later would start. Would fool me jump it it would start, replace battery it would start.. always at an inopportune time then one day it just went totally dead not start.
AAA towed it to a shop, a few hundred bucks later starter replaced, a year later no issues.
Thanks for your input. Yes, starter sometimes can be tricky. I just ordered one and will post update if issue gets resolved.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Replacing the starter is easier on the K20 because its under the manifold. R18 starter is buried behind the engine underneath and is a complete nightmare to change out.

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
71 Posts
It’s the starter this just happened to me.
Old
Tire Glove Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

New
Automotive tire Light Blue Hood Bumper

just remove metal frame support under the hood that sits on top of the radiator. They are all 10s
Then move radiator forward
Then starter is right in front of you
Dont forget to torque !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys, my si randomly doesn't start. Been having this problem for 2 weeks, specially when it sits and get cold. I had a new battery installed a few months ago and there is no dimming out in lights or anything.

Here is what it sounds like i when i try to start it
It’s most likely the solenoid. Years ago the solenoid was separate from the starter and was an inexpensive part to replace. Today the solenoid is integral to the starter and you have to replace the whole thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts