8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 07 SI has about 93205 miles on it. It that too old for me to go Stage 1 CT supercharged and still be reliable? Thanks

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
As long as everything has been well maintained and you don't have any signs of fatigue like low compression or loss of power, you should be good to go. We've seen some 8th's in this mileage range rocking the Kraftwerks kits without issues, so I would imagine you would still be good with the CT-E.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. For peace of mind what is the minimum upgrade should I do on the block if I decide to throw $ on the engine? New rods? Pistons?

·
Registered
224 Posts
To be honest I don't know that that would even be necessary. As stated above as long as you have kept everything well-maintained I believe that you should be good to go

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks! I am not looking to make crazy amount of power either. Just a stage 1 CT SC to get the thing running a bit nicer. My engine is well maintained and still pulls great. But i'll get the compression test done as a min.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Like stated, do compression test and boost away, I was at 125k on 18 psi unopened before I ever opened my motor.

The mp62 is a gentle power adder

·
Registered
57 Posts
I added my ported JRSC with 2.95 BP, 1000CC Injectors, k24 Crank Pulley, Bolt On-s and stage 2 clutch at 92,xxx miles and the SI is punishing EVO's and Subaru's on the streets.

·
Registered
31 Posts
These K20 motors are almost indistructible espeically with the power levels of the supercharger. Just check the compression if you are really sketchy about it

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have about 190k on the odometer and about to install the Kraftwerks Supercharger. Prior to going this route I checked the compression first and all 4 cylinders checked out OK. Mileage is nothing but a number....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I added a cte kit when my car had 95,679 miles and had no problems at all. You are going to love the extra power. Now my car has 103,390 miles and decided to part out my parts to buy a new Civic Si.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts