8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my clutch replaced by a local shop that I thought I trusted about 30k miles ago cause of a bad throwout bearing that got bad to the point where my car wouldnt go into gear anymore. Had them replace everything with exedy stage 1 and gave them all necessary parts to replace including a new fork. I'm changing out my slave cylinder right now to a hybrid racing from ktuned because I'm having some shifting issues and I discovered my fork seems pretty loose side to side as well as up and down. Is this the normal amount of play or is it bent? I'm starting to think they didnt replace the fork during the clutch job because it also looks pretty worn out like the original. Any input is appreciated, thank you. Link to the video: Loose clutch fork?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Play is normal, yes. The fork is held onto a metal ball thats bolted to the housing, by a V shaped metal rod. It basically slips around the ball and floats there. Dont wiggle it too much metal V will pop off the ball or worse, become un-clipped from the fork at the end farthest from your access point. This usually necessitates removal of the clutch housing and tranny, again, to re-attach it.

Yes, yes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts