8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it worth to buy a CSX-type S in $33400. It is the same preformance as Civic Si but Nav. (which I am not a big friend of it) leather seat HID & JDM front and rear. Does it worth to compare with the coming SI Sedan??

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
If you can afford it, yes. We don't get the Si Sedan, so it's not necessarily a valid comparison. Personally, I think leather, HIDs, navi and climate control are worth the 7K difference. Keep in mind, the price is most likely negotiate whereas the Si's aren't. Also, the Si Sedan is going to be in the 2008 line up, so keep your eyes peeled if you want to wait.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
intls said:
Does it worth to buy a CSX-type S in $33400. It is the same preformance as Civic Si but Nav. (which I am not a big friend of it) leather seat HID & JDM front and rear. Does it worth to compare with the coming SI Sedan??

So you get:

VSA, Heated Leather, Navi, HID, Turn Signal Mirrors, Type R 17" rims, Fog Lights, Interior Red Illumination, JDM Styling, (actually JDM styling was stolen from the CSX, everyone thinks it's the other way around)

To me, that's worth it but it may not be for everybody. People don't seem to realize the differences when they compare it to the Si Sedan.... and people seem to forget that the Acura RSX Type-S sold for the same amount of dough, but didn't have most of the above features.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for reply. If you check the buy back price compare with CSX Type-S & Civic SI. They have only $2000 diff. Even Honda assume the deperciate of the CSX is lot more that a Civc SI after 4 yrs.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
drive to the US and buy a si sedan for 21k and put leather and custom wheels on....lol

i dont acutally know if this can be done...but i dont see why not.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
You'd actually still spend a considerable amount doing that. Exchange rate. Import fees. Provincial tax. One way ticket to where the car is located. Gas back. No warranty. I'm not even sure how you would even insure it since it's not offered in Canada. I think it's more worth it for cars with big differences i.e. 350Zs, S2000s and STIs here in Canada are $50,000+.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yodums said:
If you can afford it, yes. We don't get the Si Sedan, so it's not necessarily a valid comparison. Personally, I think leather, HIDs, navi and climate control are worth the 7K difference. Keep in mind, the price is most likely negotiate whereas the Si's aren't. Also, the Si Sedan is going to be in the 2008 line up, so keep your eyes peeled if you want to wait.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've just leased a Csx type s a month ago. Yes, althought it may be $7000 more compared to the si but the lease rate for Acura is much lower compared to Honda's rate on the si. Beleive it or not, my monthly payment for the Type s is actually lower than the SI payment I have obtained from the honda.ca website which stated $542.30 for the si. I know that price is probably negotiable at Honda dealership but as many ppl have already stated on this forum, Honda doesn't give much discount on the SI's. So with all the extra gagets on the type s plus most importantly the JDM Styling, I highly recommend getting the type s than the SI if you are planning to lease/finance the ride. Paying cash upfront is a different story.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
07Ex said:
Personally I don't think it's worth the extra cash.
Interesting.

Just for kicks, I went to both the Acura site, and the Honda site to compare numbers.

The interest rate on the Si is 7.75% over 5 years, and the Type S is 2.9% over 5 years.

Now, people are reporting that it's next to impossible to negotiate on the price of an Si, and much easier on the type S.

If you got the Type S down to 31500 (close to cost), and put $0 down, your monthly payments are around $679/month.

If you got the Si at MSRP, with 0 down, your payments are around $639/month... only $40 cheaper than the Type S at 31500, but no Navi, HIDS, fogs, VSA, Heated Leather, signal mirrors, etc. Food for thought.

Even if you paid MSRP for the Type S, the payments are $713/month... might as well get more car for your money rather than pay more interest.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Think you've painted a more than rosey picture for the CSX ;-) I'm guessing with a bit of rooting around you can get those 2 interest rates a lot closer together than in your example and Si's sit on the forecourt just like all the other models now a days, so while the discounts might not be invoice/wholesale price level they are there. Even with that bias comparison its still a $2400 difference.

2007 CSX Type S
Retail Price / Wholesale Price
Base $33,400.00 / $30,728.00
Freight $1,350.00 / $1,350.00
AC $100.00 / $100.00
Totals $34,850.00 / $32,178.00

2007 Civic Si
Retail Price / Wholesale Price
Base $26,380.00 / $24,533.00
Freight $1,275.00 / $1,275.00
AC $100.00 / $100.00
Totals $27,755.00 / $25,908.00