8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

well winter condition have damaged my car! it sucks because i do everything in my power to avoid anything to happen to my car (like park far so people dont dig my door)

so i live in toronto and i have a lane way. Snow doesnt get cleaned. what happens is that as cars come in and out of the lane way it causes a tire trail leaving huge amount of snow between the tire tracks. after time this huge peice of snow becomes solid ice.

so when i back out of my garage i need to go over this center brick of ice.

i first i heard some underneath scrapes. but just recently i checked and noticed that along the bottom of my car on the passenger side it has dent my lower side skirt area. i totally forgot its all metal from top to bottom where as most cars have a piece of plastic.

*sigh* its not that noticeable and the paint wasnt chipped or scratched..but i know its there and its driving me NUT!

honda cost = to paint - fix - new VTEC sticker = $750

now since i bought a HFP lip wait for march to install. i could pay the side skirts and rear bumper which would go over the dents.

since im already have to pay 750 do you think its worth spending the extra 400 - 500 to get the whole complete kit.

let me know what you guys think..im soo confused...

on to the nipple problem lol its actually the niplets that show out the wind washer fluid. every time i go off a pump - it spits out some fluid without me using it. does anyone else have this problem????? or could it be a part is broken and needs repair.

anyways any feedback would be great!

·
Registered
716 Posts
i know what you're going through. i dented my rocker panel too and got a $700+ quote to fix it. after thinking about it, i'm going to cover it up with the hfp sides (already got for cheap, needs paint) and get the rear to finish it off.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
[preach] Should have invested in a $20 shovel, or a few bags of slat and gotten rid of the hump. Only takes a few mins to make sure your driveway (laneway) is free of obstacles to harm your car, since you did try to take every precaution, this is obviously one you missed. [/preach]

Is your car leased? if it is, you should fix it. At end of lease they usually inspect the car, any damages they find they charge you for.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cr8tive - i do have a shovel lol but your not understanding

i would have to clear a whole block of snow for me to be like ok i now know my car wont be damaged.

i did clean the area around my garage it just the centre between the tracks is never ending. so if people dont clean their snow in front of their garage then issue will be there regardless if i cleaned mine.

about the kit. i really dont like the back. makes it to boxy. i just mite have to pay the stupid 750. i hope they can paint my lip without charge. < if they do that - that would be a bonus.

and my car is bought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.