8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that a cold air intake will gain more power than a short ram intake? I know that cold air intakes can damage the engine if water gets to it, but then I also heard it will give you more horsepower. Another thing is, I heard that short ram intakes tend to suck in hotter air when the car is rested because it is closer to the engine bay. Im running an Injen CAI in my si. If the power and air suction temperatures are the same, I would like to buy a SRI. Can anyone help me out? Just the pros and cons and the truth and the lies? Basic stuff.

Thanks, its a big help..........

Btw, Happy New Year guys!!

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
cold air pulls in air closer to the outside of the car not right up by the engine where there is the hotter air like a SRI. thus colder means more dense means more air which means more power.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Just stick with your CAI, spend your extra cash on something else; unless you are afraid of hydrolock, then grab some TB spacers and slap the stock intake back on.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ no not really, we're supposed to talk about the diffrences and what type of intake system is better.......... You dont really need pics

·
Registered
42 Posts
cold air gives u more power because of the density as jeremy0203 is saying, I have though about it but if u are not HP freak and u wanna play safe with a new engine I advise u too keep it stock, If u go with the cold air intake do not forget to put something on ur filter because water is very bad for ur engine as u said. I have a friend who messed up his 350z because of the intake....:(

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ aww man that sucks.... Well even with the diffrence, its not to big of a diffrence...... I heard that the SRI are louder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.