8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed my new skunk2 exhaust this past Tuesday on my 06 civic si. now yesterday I reved my engine in neutral and then shifted it into 3rd but instead of pulling up hard the car was slow to respond as if I shifted to a high gear. Then I noticed the "smell"!!! Apparently I burned my clutch but not completely the car still shifts fine so it’s still good I just don’t know for how long. I’ve had the car since last august with no problems.

Now this was the first time this has happened but imp just wondering if this is a sign that I need to buy a performance clutch like a stage 2 or should I just not worry about it.

What do you guys think???

Also for those of you who have bought a stage 2 clutch or just an upgrade, what clutch/company would you guys recommend???

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I don't think you need a new clutch. The stock clutch is very forgiving with those kinda things. Just don't do it very often :D. One great way to check is go get on the highway, put your car in 6th gear, and then push the pedal to the floor. If the revs shoot up really fast, your clutch is gone, but I HIGHLY doubt your clutch is done. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If that's the first time u smelled clutch I doubt u have to get a new clutch... But it sounds like u want one anyways so go ahead...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts