8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....or does anybody else actually prefer the USDM look of the Civic over the JDM?

Sacrilege and blasphemy, I know, but after looking at pics of the Asian Civic for awhile, I have to be honest--I think I actually prefer the US look. Not saying the JDM is ugly by any means, but do we as enthusiasts like the JDM version because it's JDM? Most often times, our Japanese counterparts perform better, but do they always necessarily look better? Or do we say they look better because we've been swept up into the JDM movement, so because it's JDM, it has to be better? Anybody getting what I'm trying to say?

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
I have a Japanese-made US model. I'm loving it. I have to admit, I really wish we had the signal mirrors, but I'm sure everyone already knows that. The JDM model has its own unique look. It's hard to say whether or not I like one over the other. I think they're both pretty kick ass in their own rite.
I definitely don't think I'm an enthusiast (not yet anyway). I bought this Civic because of the price and reliability...and the Navi. I could care less if it's Japanese or not. I like them both for their looks, not where they were made.

·
Registered
126 Posts
coupe: no coupe in japan. But i'd take the american coupe over the jap sedan.

sedan: i like the jdm version. The bumper doens't look right on the US version. The grill looks out of place inbetween those headlights.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess, I should've been more clear about my own preference. I too would take the US Coupe over the JDM Sedan. But the JDM Sedan looks better than the US Sedan. I agree, the bumper doesn't look right. It's angle sticks out too far at the bottom or something. However, that doesn't mean I don't like the US sedan. But it's growing on me more everyday.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno...the US sedan looks.....older? Something about the JDM looks a little more youth-oriented, especially from the side profile.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow, those pictures make the US Sedan look like crap. Especially the tail shots. I honestly prefer the US Sedan over the Japanese. At first I wanted to get the parts to switch, but the more I looked at it, the more I hated those JDM headlights. They look silly, with the blocky enlargement. The JDM taillights look way better between those 2 pictures, but I have the sedan sitting in my driveway, and the taillights on mine look way better than the japanese.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i agree

The U.S. model IMHO looks much cleaner with flowing lines. or maybe i just love the headlights... haa.

Im just so stoked on the fact that the U.S. spec. civic si looks so much freaking better than that fugley ace hatch going everywhere eles but here ( witch is a good thing, I dont have to see it.) but Q...

why doesn't honda of japan have a SIR or type R civic coupe. I looked, all i could find is that fugly ace hatch. whats the deal with that?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wickett said:
The U.S. model IMHO looks much cleaner with flowing lines. or maybe i just love the headlights... haa.

Im just so stoked on the fact that the U.S. spec. civic si looks so much freaking better than that fugley ace hatch going everywhere eles but here ( witch is a good thing, I dont have to see it.) but Q...

why doesn't honda of japan have a SIR or type R civic coupe. I looked, all i could find is that fugly ace hatch. whats the deal with that?
They don't do Type-R Coupes because they don't sell in Japan. I would've posted pics of the Euro hatch, because, with the exception of the slope of the rear windshield, the hatch looks good. But I didn't post it because it's not a US/Canadian model. I dunno if we have any European peeps here, my apologies, but quite honestly, if AHM made the Si in a hatch, I'd love it even more. Coupes don't sell in Japan because hatches are more practical. I read something someone once said, that couldn't be more true: Americans are brainwashed into thinking hatches are horrible cars because of the Gremlins and Citations and Pintos. And wagons don't sell because of Country Squires with that ugly ass would paneling (Japan had a Civic Wagon). But hatches are slowly coming back over here. Mazda's hatch and wagon are selling like hotcakes, so is the Dodge Magnum, etc. You get the point though. :)

A side note, as of today, Honda Japan, is only releasing the 8th gen as a sedan. I think they'll bring over the Euro hatch for the Type-R, albeit some design changes, but as of now, the Japanese only get 1 style. That must suck...:(

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ballplaya4237 said:
No i want JDM pics.. i've tried goole but i can't find any

Comparision is really what i would like tho
I just posted JDM pics side by side with the USDM pics. How much more of a comparison. There is no JDM Coupe. And as of right now, there's no JDM Hatch. The only thing to compare is the JDM Sedan to the USDM sedan and the JDM Sedan to the USDM Coupe.

EDIT: Nevermind, you were talking about the coupe. My bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I prefer the USDM tails over the JDM; by quite a lot actually. The USDM tails have the "LED" like effect that I think is really cool. However, I haven't seen the JDM tails in person so my judgement may be biased. As regards to the fronts...I would be happy with either. :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts