8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love driving at night when the weather is mild and nice,but with this car it seems like the windshield likes to fog up.Turning the defrost on clears it,but of course the AC comes on when you defrost,so your car feels a little more sluggish.Does that trick that disables the AC when using the defrost work for foggy windshields?

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
it happened to me in...

eclipse
ford contour
my si
friends 2001 civic coupe
girlfriends 04 accord
neighbors suzuki vitara

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
all of our cars in my family(toyotas too) do, its because you breath inside, you can help stop it by opening a little window and turn to circulate from the inside

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Turn your AC on. Its the only way =(
And no, the trick that turns off AC when defrost doesn't solve the issue.
AC on = no fog.. AC off = fog

·
Registered
928 Posts
i know how to fix it for a little, so you clean it right, then what you do is you use like hand soap, the clear one, and then you wipe it on, and wipe it off, making it clear, it works, try it on your bathroom mirror first if you're iffy about his, and then take a hot shower, it won't fog up, pretty good way to do it, and it sanitizes it too.....

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's definately a Honda thing. I am not saying they use cheap glass, but maybe the way its refined has something to do with it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
mrdimsum said:
i know how to fix it for a little, so you clean it right, then what you do is you use like hand soap, the clear one, and then you wipe it on, and wipe it off, making it clear, it works, try it on your bathroom mirror first if you're iffy about his, and then take a hot shower, it won't fog up, pretty good way to do it, and it sanitizes it too.....
X2 Always works!

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I think the windshield and windows irritate me even more. If you're ever driving on like a backroad with no street lights, all you'll get on the front windshield is the glare from your dashboard. I always have to dim the dash when I drive my friends home.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
mrdimsum said:
like liquid hand soap? waterless kind?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
My Si does the same. My cousin's 07 IS250 does the same as well.

Bought a bottle of "Anti-Fog RainX". Works like a charm.

Don't apply too much. If you do, you WILL get glares and it is worst at night. The glares come off as wavy form and it is hard to see the lines on the road. It is like your sober and the car is drunk. So apply a very very thin layer if you plan on using it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts