8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: I have a K&N SRI and plan on getting Hondata for my 08 FG2. (I am the second owner and I just hit 100k)I know it has base maps on it for the SRI. Will the hondata alone be enough? Or would I also need a dyno tune?
Also I plan on doing a lot more work to the engine I.E. I’m lookIng in to getting the water plate kit from k-tuned to run an electric water pump, cams, oil pump etc. will the hondata help/keep the car from throwing a code? I’m trying to go all motor but I want to stick to the k20z3 engine but I don’t want any codes because it’s a daily. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
70 Posts
you need Hondata for tuners to even mess w ur car basically. Hondata allows you to tune the parts you put on your car. You will still need a dyno tune in the end. If you’re like me I’d do a etune for now until u gather all your parts or turbo kit then spend the $600-$1000 on a dyno tune. But for now I’d buy an e tune which is $200-$400.
also I’d buy Hondata first before any parts.
Lmk if you got any more questions

·
Registered
63 Posts
Also once you get Hondata flashpro there is a useful forum called Hondata forums, there's someone by the name eficu tuning who does etunes to your liking. If you have a lot of time to do data logs he will tune individual cam angles and if not he can do a few data logs and base it off those, he doesn't charge up front he just says to pay if you are happy with the tune. He's also a great guy. But don't go in expecting to have a free personal tuner because that attitude is just not welcome anywhere when someone is offering work without an upfront fee. Yes tho, flashpro brightens up our civics a lot, also makes the engine last longer if tuned correctly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you need Hondata for tuners to even mess w ur car basically. Hondata allows you to tune the parts you put on your car. You will still need a dyno tune in the end. If you’re like me I’d do a etune for now until u gather all your parts or turbo kit then spend the $600-$1000 on a dyno tune. But for now I’d buy an e tune which is $200-$400.
also I’d buy Hondata first before any parts.
Lmk if you got any more questions
Thank you for the insight. I’d say in about a few more weeks I should have enough to order it. When I have it should I data log first. Before selecting any base maps on it? I’m just so excited about the 2 step feature, and no more rev hang tbh. I’m a simple guy and I’m sure I’d be happy with just the hondata and my SRI for now. A have a new slave and master for it as well. I’m just enjoying it a little at time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also once you get Hondata flashpro there is a useful forum called Hondata forums, there's someone by the name eficu tuning who does etunes to your liking. If you have a lot of time to do data logs he will tune individual cam angles and if not he can do a few data logs and base it off those, he doesn't charge up front he just says to pay if you are happy with the tune. He's also a great guy. But don't go in expecting to have a free personal tuner because that attitude is just not welcome anywhere when someone is offering work without an upfront fee. Yes tho, flashpro brightens up our civics a lot, also makes the engine last longer if tuned correctly
WOW! That’s so awesome! Thank you for the referral lol! I drive about 25 to work each way so I have all the time to data log. You guys are so helpful. My biggest fear is throwing a code just because it’s my daily (baby) lol! So anything I can do to improve the engine’s life I will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts