8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every civic lovers! After couple on month of very good info I got on this forum about CAI, I decided to buy on from ebay tu fit my Civic 2007 coupe LX. http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/bestcarpart/CAI-HD014R1.jpg

After 4 hour, I finally finished installing the CAI. Everything is fine when I test drove my car except... Before my top speed was 200km/H. Now, I can barely get to 190km/H... From 0-100km/h I don't see any difference after the CAI install. Is it possible that the CAI made me lose abit of torque? I know that the CAI was properly installed and my car breathes louder than before, a nice growl! :) But why can't i go fast as i could before the CAI? By the way, there was a protective black plastic on the bottom right after the bumper, it started to come off when I went for a test drive at 160km/h. should I leave it hanging or can I just take it all off? What's the purpose of this plastic part and is it possible the just by hanging loose it caused too much resistance so my car can't go over 190? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Why are you driving a Civic LX to 125mph?

·
Registered
88 Posts
CAI is for quicker acceleration if im remembering right... that black lip on the bottom of the bumper is so when u pull to far forward on stuff your not ripping ure bumper up and to kind of help with the look of the car... is it necessary not really but its nice to have on, but if you dont mind scratching ure bumper if u pull to far forward then by all means you can take it off....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay thx for the input guys! I found the problem, it was the breather tube that was squished... now its fine!

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
lol i still remember how slow my ex was with intake and exhaust.

When i would floor it getting on the interstate (3 lane onramp ftw) i would have to go over the top of a hill and then back down the other side and i'd get just about to 120 mph.

with my bolt-on tuned si i could hit 130 mph before i even got to the hill lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts