8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok befroe any one gets on my ass i have searched and searched and searched and cant seem to find my answer. i was wondering if i can just use the ips k2 cams with skunk2 dual valvetrain? anything will be helpful i just dont want to walk into this blind and end up having to redo the whole setup. THANK you in advance.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The Skunk2 will work with those cams but I would recommend to go with either supertech valvetrain, or Go Power valvetrain.

Both provide good seat pressures and more than enough room to prevent bind.

As an example we can actually clear a .600 lift cam on our valvetrain with out any problems. (technically we can clear a .615 lift cam with room to spare)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ok befroe any one gets on my ass i have searched and searched and searched and cant seem to find my answer. i was wondering if i can just use the ips k2 cams with skunk2 dual valvetrain? anything will be helpful i just dont want to walk into this blind and end up having to redo the whole setup. THANK you in advance.
you can used the skunk2 dual valvetrain on the ips k2..... ips k2 are not big cams

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sk2 should do good i say seems like we r goin on the same set up then hahah gonna b one hella of a good race when we r done lol....

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
2nd or 3rd best from those listed above is the OEM combo valvetrain recommend from IPS if you're not consistently going above 8700rpm.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is to the Go-Power guys. I have a couple of questions about cams. I've been out the game for a while and I see your products are getting some good news from other 8th Gen riders. I am having trouble deciding which cams to use, either yours or Blueprint racing. I want to run stage 2 cams with valve train. I want to know who has better mid range and top end on cams. I haven't see to many 8 gen civics running BP cams. I'm just worried about lobe wear which I have heard from Skunk2 cams. I know BP can cryo their cams to make them harder but I dont know if thats the fix. I want Power and reliability from my cams that I spend over $900 for.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Skunk2 will work with those cams but I would recommend to go with either supertech valvetrain, or Go Power valvetrain.

Both provide good seat pressures and more than enough room to prevent bind.

As an example we can actually clear a .600 lift cam on our valvetrain with out any problems. (technically we can clear a .615 lift cam with room to spare)
there is so many to choose from which 1 do u guys recommend?whats the difference between product number 6128 and 6135? the Descriptions doesnt really give any details, its really confusing for the camshafts too. also do i need that base kit or whatever like the skunk2s? thank you guys.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
there is so many to choose from which 1 do u guys recommend?whats the difference between product number 6128 and 6135? the Descriptions doesnt really give any details, its really confusing for the camshafts too. also do i need that base kit or whatever like the skunk2s? thank you guys.
You have a PM sir :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Go-Power, could you answer my question? It looks like you just ignored my post. I am a potential customer and I'm looking to see if you are selling and kind of Cam and complete valve train packages.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hey Go-Power, could you answer my question? It looks like you just ignored my post. I am a potential customer and I'm looking to see if you are selling and kind of Cam and complete valve train packages.
Your question was not ignored, it was just missed. Sorry about that.

Its hard to say what exact the power differences would be as we have never done a direct back to back of the BP stage 2 vs our KSi camshafts.

Our KSi cam profile was designed with midrange and "under the curve" numbers in mind and as you have seen on the forums we have seen great results with them. There are many reviews on the KSi on this site that do a great job of showcasing exactly what we set out to do with that particular camshaft, make good numbers across the board.

We did design it with the K20Z3 in mind, and all of the testing for it was done on our own 09 Si 4 door.

The downside is we are currently out of stock on the cam cores and waiting to get them back in stock so we can start selling cams again. I have a couple that have been pre-ordered already even though I do not currently have a solid time line on when we will have them in stock.

We sell the complete camshaft and upgraded valvetrain package for $1300 shipped for 8th Civic members.

If you do have any other questions feel free to shoot us an email or give us a call as it is difficult to read every post on the forums and sometimes miss important questions people have.

Thanks

info @ go-pwr.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts