8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my name on an EX sedan that will be in in about 3 weeks. Can anyone tell me how the iPod interface works? Where do you plug your player in? Is there a place nearby to hold your player? I don't suppose the steering wheel controls work to advance the songs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I believe the adapter plug would be in your glove box. Then it would work through the stereo. You wouldn't need to look at or touch the ipod. I am assuming the steering wheel controls would work with it. I haven't seen it hooked up to a civic yet but my girl has a alpine with the ipod hook up and it works the same way.

·
Registered
161 Posts
mplscivic said:
I believe the adapter plug would be in your glove box. Then it would work through the stereo. You wouldn't need to look at or touch the ipod. I am assuming the steering wheel controls would work with it. I haven't seen it hooked up to a civic yet but my girl has a alpine with the ipod hook up and it works the same way.
I actually think I remmeber seeing the plug-in the center armrest down there between the front seats.

This will be a major plus for me! Since it is digital connection and I already have an iPod and radio reception & just plain quality of what is broadcast here sucks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a new '06 EX coupe and it has an auxillary jack that plays an iPod (or MP3 player) directly through the stereo. The jack is located right below the dash next to a power outlet. What you may be thinking of is a new interface being introduced by Honda in December 2005 for the '06 Civics that fully incorporates an iPod and all controls through the factory audio system, including display of all title, album, artist, etc...information. It's also supposed to be controllable by the audio system voice controls.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The DX or LX has the aux jack (it's an optional accesssory) on the horizontal part of the center console just ahead of the stick shift wheras the EX (standard accessory) has it up on the vertical part of the console just as the center console turns up. I hope this makes sense.

On my EX the location is as Blackwheelz says, just below the power outlet and contained in a compartment where your iPod will lay. I have my Nano nicely sitting next to the jack within this open compartment and it does not slide around as far as I've seen.

I have yet to see my Nav show the song that's playing. I guess I'll mess around with the settings a bit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MaLvado said:
I have yet to see my Nav show the song that's playing. I guess I'll mess around with the settings a bit.
You won't through this jack. That and other full integration features will not be available unless you purchase and have installed the OPTIONAL interface due out next month. It will be available from Honda dealers for about $250 plus installation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
BlackWheelz said:
You won't through this jack. That and other full integration features will not be available unless you purchase and have installed the OPTIONAL interface due out next month. It will be available from Honda dealers for about $250 plus installation.
Ah, cool. Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts