8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put one of these in their car?

I have a Nano & I think I want to get one of the docks for it.

1) where exactly are the cup holders on the Si? I test drove one, but I can't remember where they are...I can't really tell from honda.com either.
2) anyone have pics of their ipod in the si? if so, please post
3) also, this is probably a dumb question...but do you need an extra wire/does it plug into the car dock? or what do you use to connect the ipod to the AUX?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
1. Right in front of the center arm rest under a sliding cover.
2. I can take some pics tomorrow, I have a cupholder ipod thing that holds my ipod while
3. the 6 foot (the only size i could find) male to male headphone cord runs from the ipod to the aux input jack, which is under the 12V outlet on the center console under the radio. I tucked the extra cord up inside the center console so you can't see it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thatsnotstock said:
1. Right in front of the center arm rest under a sliding cover.
2. I can take some pics tomorrow, I have a cupholder ipod thing that holds my ipod while
3. the 6 foot (the only size i could find) male to male headphone cord runs from the ipod to the aux input jack, which is under the 12V outlet on the center console under the radio. I tucked the extra cord up inside the center console so you can't see it.
Thanks for the reply.

Which one of these do I want (from the link below)?

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/search/search.asp

·
Registered
62 Posts
Prelude2Si said:
Anyone put one of these in their car?

I have a Nano & I think I want to get one of the docks for it.

1) where exactly are the cup holders on the Si? I test drove one, but I can't remember where they are...I can't really tell from honda.com either.
2) anyone have pics of their ipod in the si? if so, please post
3) also, this is probably a dumb question...but do you need an extra wire/does it plug into the car dock? or what do you use to connect the ipod to the AUX?
I am using the Griffin Tuneflex http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflex06

It has a mini-stereo jack at the base of the 12v plug, that then connects to the AUX jack of the Si head unit. I believe it came with a cable, but I had a very short mini-mini cable lying around that I used. I think you can see it in the picture wrapped around the Tuneflex stalk. And you can also see the front cupholder at the bottom of one of the pics.

This has worked very well for me. Charges the ipod, automatically pauses when the key is turned off, and since it uses the dock port on the ipod, no need to worry about ipod volume vs. head unit volume.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i have a universal one that sticks to the air vents. I wanted one up high so i could still see the road when i mess with it, and i dont have to take it out of the holder. The side moves in and out, and it was only 10-15 bucks at radio shack. Heres a pic:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
i have my ipod with a rubber band on the e-brake
and the wire goes under the console and comes out where the e-brake does
looks pretty clean

·
Banned
380 Posts
splatterson said:
I am using the Griffin Tuneflex http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflex06

It has a mini-stereo jack at the base of the 12v plug, that then connects to the AUX jack of the Si head unit. I believe it came with a cable, but I had a very short mini-mini cable lying around that I used. I think you can see it in the picture wrapped around the Tuneflex stalk. And you can also see the front cupholder at the bottom of one of the pics.

This has worked very well for me. Charges the ipod, automatically pauses when the key is turned off, and since it uses the dock port on the ipod, no need to worry about ipod volume vs. head unit volume.

I have this same unit. You forgot to mention it has a cool green light at the base that matches the green AC lights of the Civic, perfectly. :thumb:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just ordered the Belkin Cupholder version of the iPod Car Dock.....looks very nice & you can adjust the height position on it. It also has a clip to hide any excess wire.... $30 after shipping costs isn't too bad imo. I ordered it today, so it should arrive around the same time as my new Si does :D . Oh yeah, I picked up a 3ft M2M wire.. that was $6.99, so $37 for the whole thing. Should work out pretty well though.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
anavrin351 said:
i have a universal one that sticks to the air vents. I wanted one up high so i could still see the road when i mess with it, and i dont have to take it out of the holder. The side moves in and out, and it was only 10-15 bucks at radio shack. Heres a pic:
I was thinking about getting one of these... looks good

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
PhalanX said:
Good write-up and concept... but IMO this one looks much cleaner :thumb:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59113

^^ was done on a Civic EX, but will work on the Si just the same. I did that one, but added a remote as well :dancing:

Yup saw that one too. Ill be switching it to that bin cause I want my change holder back for the cell phone.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Nomar06 said:
Yup saw that one too. Ill be switching it to that bin cause I want my change holder back for the cell phone.
Yea, when I first saw yours i was like "Where does the phone go!?" lol.

Beware tho... you dont want to 'butcher' your vehicle or lost any clips/screws and diminish the resale value of your car *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Arkon Universal PDA holder. Adjustable soft grips on both horizontal and vertical sliders.

Adjustable crane for different angles. Crane mounts to your CLA and also offers an external CLA port so you don't lose your ability to plug other items such as chargers, etc to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Which model number is this? Are you just using a aux cord and aux power cord? I've got a ipod touch which would be set up sililar to what you have.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts