8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Si back in Dec of 06 they had an adapter to use control your ipod through your factory controls. Honda recalled it for some problems. The dealer that I go to cant tell me anything about when a new adapter is coming out can anyone answer that? My dealer wasn't aware that there was a HFP suspension or brake kit for our cars either!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im buying a new SI in December when Im out of college, and ive done a good bit of research on what I want. The Ipod music link was one of the things that I really wanted, and just like yours, my dealer couldnt even admit that there ever WAS such a thing. After TELLING the dealer all about the car he knows nothing about for 20 minutes, he vaguely admitted that there might have been a cable for an ipod (he couldnt grasp the fact that I wasnt talking about the Aux input).

When I got home I looked around online and saw that it should be released in January. I heard the old ones sucked balls, but I might get the new one just for grins. If not, Ill just stick a 16 gig compact flash card in with all my mp3s and leave it alone.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Yea the old kit was bad and they discontinued it out of existance. So now Honda is developing a new one and the some dealers wouldnt know the details of it as far as knowing that somethings on the horizon.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I have the original Honda music link - it has always worked well for me as long as I didn't install the computer software that came with it (the software is where all the problems came from - it works without installing it). I paid $60 for it used from someone here on the site and I now have it installed in my 2nd 8thGen Civic.

If you can pick one up used for a good price - go for it! It is not worth what they were charging for it when it was new. The main advantage is that it charges the Ipod while it is connected.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My Si didn't even have one in it. My uncle works for the dealership so I kept messing with him about it and he was like "There has to be one, you must have missed it" I'm like ummm nope, went through the whole car and nothing. But my friend had a ton of them so he just gave me one. Maybe this is why I didn't have one... the recall.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just called sterling honda about ordering the iLinc and they saidd it was only compatable with the 07 models and I was out of luck with my 06. Also, I just called my honda dealership and they are unaware of the product and said they could not get it for me, is the sterling honda product out and is it the ligitimate new honda product? I'm very interested because I find the music quaility of the over the air ipod addapter I bought from bose to be very poor.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I had the old one and had the software installed and never really had any issues with it. I was overall pretty happy (especially since i didnt pay a dime for it :) )

I called Honda of America and they informed me that the new Musiclink wont even be out until spring / summer. So i wonder how sterling honda has it already???

I just called sterling honda about ordering the iLinc and they saidd it was only compatable with the 07 models and I was out of luck with my 06. Also, I just called my honda dealership and they are unaware of the product and said they could not get it for me, is the sterling honda product out and is it the ligitimate new honda product? I'm very interested because I find the music quaility of the over the air ipod addapter I bought from bose to be very poor.
Just use the Aux plugin then..thats what i use now. I sold my musiclink cuz i thought the one sterling honda has is out ( i checked part numbers with my parts dept...nothing)

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
295 for that cable is a complete rip off. just use the aux in.
Yeah bro just use the Aux in jack.
If sound quality is your thing, and it is mine, then forget anything else, particularly the FM transmitters.
aux plug works, but the music link controls the ipod right?
AND I KNOW FOR SURE IT KEEPS IT CHARGED!!!!! (thats worth it right there)

I use the aux plug (sux) and i DONT want another cord laying to charge the stupid ipod too. That sux, and i hate bringing it inside just to charge it(lame)all the time!

·
Registered
637 Posts
i had the pc card with a 4 gig card, worked fine for a while but than it would start to freeze up on certain songs and i would delete em and it would do it on different songs... i dunno wtf was going on. i got sick of it and got another ipod and use the aux plug, which i can deal with the new music link comes out.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
the pc slot is sooo key!!!! but im getting an i pod touch, and i would like the new and improved music link too
I got an 8G touch and am trying to find a reasonable way to set it up.
As it is i have a windshield mount and am running it through the Aux in. Only problem is that the wire runs down the front of my dash. I bought a different mount last night off ebay which plugs into my cig lighter. Hopefully this set up will work better. Since the ipod will be mounted down by the aux in jack it will be much easier for me to hide the wires.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.