8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
for those of you looking for another sound clip of the q300. ill be honest. it doesnt sound stock although its alot quieter than the vibrant that i used to have. its paired with an aem sri and kidd racing header. enjoy!

and heres a gen2 vibrant catback video with the same aem sri but with stock exhaust manifold for comparison

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
1st off, thanks for posting! I'm pretty sure I'm getting this plus the Vibrant header with HFC.

would be cool to have some drive bys in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.

Deccel coasting in gear like you would up to a stop light would be cool too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been hesitating on whether to buy this exhaust or not but decided to try it for myself. living in a cop happy neighborhood like nyc isnt exactly the best place to upgrade your exhaust as they pull you over for anything aftermarket regardless of sound, but i highly believe i fly under the radar with this one. i was absolutely paranoid with the vibrant lol

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
perfect match up. sound is getting better by the day although i still havent had time to do any fly bys =( ill get to it asap

·
Registered
243 Posts
False! I have Q300 paired with S2 race Header and I swear it sounds maybe 2db more than stock, it is ridiculously quiet. Im still hearing Vtec kickin from the front and I have T1R intake to give you an idea.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Outside I dont know , But who can claim that when they pass in a tunnel with a SKunk2 or loud exhaust dont WOT it bcause it sounds insane lol. I tried with the Q300 like I was doing with my 4 other catback ( OEM, Vibrant, HKS, SKunk2) and you cant hear the exhaust at all. Like I said it is ridiculously Quiet, Its boring. Im pretty sure some other users who have it can say the same.

·
Team Orange
34,056 Posts
Really Quiet

:yeahthat:..

I have mine mated up to the Invidia Race header and it is seriously quiet:thumbsup:... I have ahad the HKS Ti before without the header and the sound output level is almost the same..:think:... just a tad bit deeper at idle and only slightly louder a WOT:leghump::shrug:

·
Registered
62 Posts
The big question for me is what it sounds like cruising on the highway at 70-80 mph.

I have a Vibrant right now, and the drone is going to drive me nuts the first time I have to take a long trip! Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you feel any power gain over a 2.5" vibrant?
i cant really say because when i had the vibrant, i still had the stock exhaust manifold. as of now, i have the krrh with the q300 and surely this exhaust definately opened up the power

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
i cant really say because when i had the vibrant, i still had the stock exhaust manifold. as of now, i have the krrh with the q300 and surely this exhaust definately opened up the power
did the sound changed a lot with the header? you felt some gains after the header?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts