8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
i use an interior quick detailer, pretty sure it is meguiars. seems to work pretty good, although by no means am i an expert detailer, but it does the job, for the glass i use, and will always use, invisible glass.

·
Registered
286 Posts
For glass, I use Windex first to cut out the oil, then use Invisible Glass for next/final coat(s). My interior is the Si black, so I use the foam with a sponge to scrub the material. After that is done, I use what looks like a lint brush to 'comb' through the material. All of this, of course, is after a healthy vacuuming. On the plastics, I use Meguiars (or however you spell it.)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For glass, I use Windex first to cut out the oil, then use Invisible Glass for next/final coat(s). My interior is the Si black, so I use the foam with a sponge to scrub the material. After that is done, I use what looks like a lint brush to 'comb' through the material. All of this, of course, is after a healthy vacuuming. On the plastics, I use Meguiars (or however you spell it.)
that what i do. except for meguiar's, going to try that. i tried eagle 1 interror spray. not a good idea

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I use Armorall, even though I know there's better, less greasy stuff out there. After Armorall cures in a day or two, I think it's fine.
I use Invisible Glass, but cannot figure out why it is called so. Maybe someone can suggest how to make it live up to its name...cleaning a normal interior car window that has, say, a fingerprint on it. That product leaves streaks, so I can't recommend it =/. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for the scuff marks on your plastic pieces down-low interior!

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Floors/carpets: I use a little mini shop-vac w/all kinda crazy attachments. (see: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/deta...o-you-use-few-recent-product-discoveries.html ) I then use some OTC foam cleaner to spot clean. It really doesn't get too dirty. I may pick up some APC and REALLY go to town with my mini shop vac (have yet to suck water in the thing).

Leather (steering wheel, shift knob, boot): damp rag, scrub (lightly) followed by some Lexol leather conditioner.

Dash/plastic: Used to use Meguiars QID. It's sweet! But I park my car outside ALLL DAY at work and I wanted something with better UV protection so I went to aerospace. I still love the QID and when my 303 is getting to the 'end' of it's 'life' in my car (wearing off) I'll use some QID to hold me over till I have time to 303 again. Plus 303 is rather costly so I try to use it sparingly.

Windows: Stoners invisible glass. I really don't clean my windows as often as I'd like and I plan to get tints soon!

I think I may buy or thieve some monitor wipes for the touchscreen navi too... but I haven't yet.

That's about it. In the winter, on a warm day I take my rubber mats out (non oem) and dump soapy wanter on them then scrub with a little hand brush. I then dump clean water on them to rinse that off and I take a rag and dry them. They get all shitty again in 1 day but oh well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.