8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys newbie here, sorry for reviving an old thread, but if anyone has done this mod successfully maybe they can shine a light for me.
I have a FD1 (Aus). I have pretty much followed the walk through, connecting the wires to their designated pin slot, checked it with a voltmeter and confirmed there's power through the switch to the MICU. however, the INT timing is still constant. Not sure if the FD2 (Sports version) MICU is any different to the FD1, though I think it wouldnt be.
Thanks all
I had this same issue after running my wire from the wiper switch to MICU and the INT timing was still constant. I unplugged the switch harness connector where I added the wire on pin #8 and noticed it was not inserted all the way in. Make sure it goes all the way in and that you can see the pin's tip end on the opposite side of the connector just like the other pins that already in there.

Tip for adding pin to switch connector: It is easier to insert the pin all the way if you release the white plastic piece backwards from the black connector plug before inserting the pin. Put the white plastic piece after making sure the pin is fully seated on its position.

Tip for adding pin to MICU Connector: to insert the pin all the way, you need pull the green plastic release tab backwards (I used a small flat head screwdriver to separate and release the tab holding down the pins) and then insert the pin on #6 (this was a PITA to insert because you have so little room and the wire going there was so thin that it kept bending and not letting me insert all the way. After you have inserted the pin, put the green plastic tab back to secure the pins in the connector.

One last tip: do a quick pull on the 2 pins that were inserted to make sure they do not come out from the connector and that they fully seated on the connector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all! I'm fresh user and I'm glad to visit this form.
In advance, I need to apologize for my english.
I have a Civic 8th gen ; 4D ; FD7 ; 2010 ; 1.8 ; 140 hp propably comfort version. I have an ordinary wiper handle (without additional sterring).
I bought a wiper handle from hatchback, I swapped them and I led an additional cable from wiper handle to MICU to S7 pin and it still doesn't work. Why?
New wiper handle is working, because the resistance changes. Added cable is securely connected on the back MICU.
Could someone help me? It's important for me.
Thanks in advance
I had this same issue after running my wire from the wiper switch to MICU and the INT timing was still constant. I unplugged the switch harness connector where I added the wire on pin #8 and noticed it was not inserted all the way in. Make sure it goes all the way in and that you can see the pin's tip end on the opposite side of the connector just like the other pins that are already in there.

Tip for adding pin to switch connector: It is easier to insert the pin all the way if you release the white plastic piece backwards from the black connector plug before inserting the pin. Put the white plastic piece back after making sure the pin is fully seated on its position.

Tip for adding pin to MICU Connector: to insert the pin all the way, you need pry and pull the plastic release tab on the green connector backwards (I used a small flat head screwdriver to separate and release the tab holding down the pins) and then insert the pin on S6 (this was a PITA to insert because you have so little room to work with and the wire going there was so thin that it kept bending and not letting me insert all the way. After you have inserted the pin, put the green plastic tab back to secure the pins in the connector.

One last tip: do a quick pull on the 2 pins that were inserted to make sure they do not come out from the connector and that they are fully seated on the connector.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts