8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, did this successfully as well with the EX radio/cruise switch. Both mods are successful but they are a hassle. I had a buddy with better mechanical skills and we got it through. Here's a couple notes that helped me:

#1. I used 16 gauge wire for all wiring.
#2. Radio Shack has some male pin connectors for an old serial-style data port. I had better success with them.
#3. The MICU can be very difficult to work with. After you remove the dash panel (which is surprisingly easy) subpanel "S" is the one farthest down on the left. Be cautious; when I tried to reassemble I somehow made it so one of the pins would not go down on the left, disabling my power windows. It got fixed, but not without its worries.
#4. Not mentioned here, but pay attention to where each screw goes - they are very easy to misplace/lose.

Very cool mod and thanks for everyone who allowed me to get the features of an EX for $80.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I too agree that it is a very good write up. Unfortunately, the wiper stalk I ordered from Auto Zone that was a guaranteed fit was not. The raised portion that is pictured with rounded corners in Dave D's post was rectangular and there were tabs at the opposite end of the control module from the lever. I took it back without any problems but now I wanted to make sure that the SWITCH ASSY., WIPER Part #35256-SNA-A11 will fit the 2006 LX. Before I waste > $10 on shipping, I'd like to see if anyone else used that P/N for a 2006 LX sedan.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Started working on this. Got the old wiper stalk out and removed the MICU.(A bit of a pain but not too bad.) The dealer will have the new wiper stalk tomorrow. Need to run the wire and reassemble everything.

I would say the difficulty level is about that or a little less of installing the steering wheel audio controls.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I bought rain sensor and light sensor. I'm going to try it on my old 08 civic. The rain sensor requires intermittent wiper. So my first step will be replacing original wiper switch with an intermittent switch. The hard part will be adding a wire to S6 on MICU side. Does everyone who finished installation took MICU out first?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've tried. I pull 34-pin plug out first, than I could touch the 20-pin plug. But I didn't do it. Because I could only use one hand (driver seat blocked me), if I pull the plug out, I couldn't do anything, but it's difficult to plug back in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I did this mod in 2009, but I do remember that this was the hardest PITA part. And I know I didn't pull the MICU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys newbie here, sorry for reviving an old thread, but if anyone has done this mod successfully maybe they can shine a light for me.
I have a FD1 (Aus). I have pretty much followed the walk through, connecting the wires to their designated pin slot, checked it with a voltmeter and confirmed there's power through the switch to the MICU. however, the INT timing is still constant. Not sure if the FD2 (Sports version) MICU is any different to the FD1, though I think it wouldnt be.
Thanks all

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hello Fdcivic - welcome to the forum. I can't speak to the MICU question for your country. You did install the upgraded wiper stalk with the variable setting? :unsure:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! I'm fresh user and I'm glad to visit this form.
In advance, I need to apologize for my english.
I have a Civic 8th gen ; 4D ; FD7 ; 2010 ; 1.8 ; 140 hp propably comfort version. I have an ordinary wiper handle (without additional sterring).
I bought a wiper handle from hatchback, I swapped them and I led an additional cable from wiper handle to MICU to S7 pin and it still doesn't work. Why?
New wiper handle is working, because the resistance changes. Added cable is securely connected on the back MICU.
Could someone help me? It's important for me.
Thanks in advance

21 - 39 of 39 Posts