8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Recently, I've been experiencing some intermittent electrical power failure of unknown cause/origin. It only happens for a couple seconds at a time, and not very often, but when it does occur, I lose power to the whole vehicle. The radio/navigation will cut out, the dash will shut off, and power steering will go out for a couple seconds until the power is restored. Usually happens at low speeds (stop-and-go traffic or in parking lots) and with minimal accessories running (it usually happens during the day, so just the radio and a USB phone charger, and obviously headlights at night).

Looking in the engine bay, none of the wiring harnesses seem to be exposed. I took my car to AutoZone to have the battery and alternator checked, and both passed. So I really am unsure as to what the source could be. I've searching for this issue but have been unsuccessful in finding similar issues/results. Have not been able to take to the dealership due to work/school schedule, but should have some free time coming up soon.

The car is a 2006 Si with ~200k miles. Stock everything.

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post to. If not, please point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
08 civic si coupe
51 Posts
Check the 2 power input screws at the fuse box in the engine bay. Had mine loose after the new trans got put in. Got hot enough to melt the plastic a little bit.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had nearly the exact same thing happen to me and it turned out to just be a slightly loose battery terminal connection. Same exact symptoms of only losing power when in a parking lot or being stopped at a light. I was shocked at how unforgiving the terminal connections can be if they aren't clean and really tightened down, but that's all there was to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts