8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My 8th gen blows ice cold air and then the compressor turns off after about 8 minutes. The system does have pressure/Freon. Has been doing the same since last year, where should I start?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey guys. My 8th gen blows ice cold air and then the compressor turns off after about 8 minutes. The system does have pressure/Freon. Has been doing the same since last year, where should I start?
Sounds like your compressor is disengaging once it heats up. There a DIY on here on how to remove some shims to make it make contact even once heated up. Other option is to replace compressor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like your compressor is disengaging once it heats up. There a DIY on here on how to remove some shims to make it make contact even once heated up. Other option is to replace compressor
Where do i find this DIY?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Should probably replace the coil as well if you're going to work on the clutch.

The other culprit and super cheap fix is the A/C Clutch relay, which can also heat up and stop working like this. Literally like a $10 easy fix. Sometimes you can tap on the relay and get the clutch to kick back in. If this happens, then you know this is your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts