8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2008 Civic EX 4 door sedan, and am in the process of putting a Factory XM Satellite radio system in it. Reading the instructions, it shows that I need to remove the lower kick panel on passenger side of the car. Do I need to remove the door sill trim to remove the kick panel? If so, how, exactly, do you do that? The instructions state that there are "three tabs, five clips, and five hooks", but they don't explain how to remove the tabs, and the sill itself. I hate to start yanking on parts, trying to get them to come loose, and break something. In searching the forum for info, I've seen some clips that have a small tab in the middle that you push in, and it releases the clip...but I'm not sure if the sill trim clips are the same. I'm hoping someone that's had their car apart can fill me in on what, exactly, I need to do to remove these trim parts so I can install the radio receiver. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
You use a panel popper tool, it looks like a split flat screwdriver. No you dont have to pull the door sill, start from the front of the kick panel (side closest to the front end lol) and ork your way around it towards the bottom. Then there is one clip in it at the top of it on the door jamb side. It has a plastic square that sits under door sill. So you just need to pull it up on that end.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
the door sill piece and the kick panel can all be removed by hand, with NO tools, but a flathead always helps with atleast the door sill, when you have the door sill off the kick panel is easy as there would be a big panel gap you could get some fingers into, and while you dont HAVE to get the door sill off first, youll need to atleast pop up the forward edge as one of its forward clips hooks around a part of the kick panel, atleast thats it for my Coupe, but im sure its for sedan too as thats the smart thing to do to keep the panel down

1 - 5 of 5 Posts