8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a rattling noise coming from my passenger side..i cant pin point the noise.. its either my passanger seat or door..its very faint, i can only hear it when my music and air are down low..anyone having this problem?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i have a squeaking noise on the passenger seat when some one sit on it and rattling coming from the back seat right side. i believe it the seat belt retractor.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a squeaking noise on the passenger seat when some one sit on it and rattling coming from the back seat right side. i believe it the seat belt retractor.
thats what i thought before..but if i reach over and grab the passenger door and pull towards me the noise stops..idk its really weird and annoying

·
Registered
213 Posts
all of our cars are always full of noises... i hate it and i dont think theres much to be done about it :(

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ima rip the passenger door panel off tomarrow..hopefully i figure it out..its hard to pin point because it only does it when im driving..

·
Registered
43 Posts
my car is a rattle machine...passenger side, rear deck, i took it to honda for my passenger seat and they fixed that, so hopefully a few more trips and ill be good...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my car is a rattle machine...passenger side, rear deck, i took it to honda for my passenger seat and they fixed that, so hopefully a few more trips and ill be good...
sorry to hear that..this is the main reason i didnt buy and srt4..if it gets worse ima kill myself

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Make someone sit in the passenger seat, see if it goes away. Mine is something with the passenger seat, can't figure it out. Tried loosening the seat bolts and retorqued with someone in the seat but it's still there.

Who knows...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make someone sit in the passenger seat, see if it goes away. Mine is something with the passenger seat, can't figure it out. Tried loosening the seat bolts and retorqued with someone in the seat but it's still there.

Who knows...
depending on there weight it comes and goes..but its weird when i pull the door it goes away...but in the back of my head i kno its the seat

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
There have been a bunch of threads about this, search for it. There is a couple other things you can try as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a rattling noise coming from my passenger side..i cant pin point the noise.. its either my passanger seat or door..its very faint, i can only hear it when my music and air are down low..anyone having this problem?
Check the passenger door pillar (triangle shaped piece). I had the same symptoms and that was it for me.....

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
That was the first [of many] rattles I had found on my car. Never did get it fixed. It disappeared.

The dealership said it was the seatback and it was "normal".

·
Registered
227 Posts
i had a vibration in my front passenger door panel. it would rattle when there was a lot bass in a certain song that i was playing. Took it into the dealer and they did a audio test, confirmed the rattle and fixed it. try playing a song with a lot of bass pretty loud and see if the rattle is there. i know that some dealers have a stick up their a#$ and wont do [email protected]#, but no harm takin it in.

·
Registered
283 Posts
it's probably the passenger seat...

if it's any consolation, my car now after 30,000km has rattled itself out of most of the rattles that existed when newer :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i fixed the problem but i still cant tell you if it was the seat or the door panel because i ripped both off at the same time..didnt find anything but when i put everything back together the rattle was gone..

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have successfully fixed 3 annoying rattles in my Si. 1. The little small panels that are next to the rear passenger side airbags rattle over rough surfaces. I stuck about an inch long piece of pipe insulation foam between the panels and the rear window surface which snugged the panel up which stopped this rattle. 2. The rear seatbelt retractors rattled like crazy. I sprayed Wd40 lubricant with straw up into the seatbelt retractors as I pulled the seatbelts out over and over. This stopped the rattle within a day or two. I hope it lasts, ok now for over a month. 3. Sometimes the passanger seat rattled. I have found that sometimes the seat does not want to fully click in and I have to move the seat back and forth several times until it finally clicks in fully. The rattles stops once it is fully clicked in. Sometimes it seems it is fully clicked in but it is not. good luck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts