8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the Quick Start Guide I got from Honda yesterday with the car:

"The disc and Digital Audio (PC) Card Reader players can play MP3 and WMA formats. Note: Recommended memory cards are CompactFlash, SD and flash ATA memory cards. Depending on the PC card adapter you use, the card reader may not be able to read all CompactFlash and SD memory cards."

From the Owner's Manual:

"Total playable tracks are 999 per card."

Sounds like you'd waste your money if you got a card that holds more than that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ooooooo ..... that's the sexiest CIVIC ever !
Do you mind if I ask you the monthly payment, apr %, and the down payment for your car?
Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sweet, CONGRATS!

Isnt that the park downtown where Thunder takes place?

If so, I was there back in 2000. I flew out to stay with a friend for almost a
week. Jet lag like a mo-fo I slept for at least 4 hours in that park full of what
40,000 people? Give or take a few, it was nice and I was on a blanket under
a tree out. When I wasnt asleep, I was drinkin...

Back on topic, that picture of the cup on the display with a line through it behind
the screen makes me laugh and then makes me sad that society is so dumb auto
mfg's have to put such an indicator there. I bet people will still break it off, kids
playing with it or whatever...

Also back on topic, I'm not sure it was ever confirmed, that is just a single CD
player right? I dont think there is room there for a 6-disc. unit with nav, but
thought I'd ask...

Did you try a movie in the DVD player yet?

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^
It's across the river in Indiana, but yes, Thunder is held right there in the river between Louisville and So. Indiana. The coffee mug picture is also on the screen when you hit the open/close buttons. And yes, it's quite sad.
I just tried a DVD. No such luck. It says there's an error.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
More interesting to me is whether or not the Nav DVD can play a copied DVD of the Nav software. Not that I condone such a thing....noooo

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would think that some nerd, excuse the stereotype, would be able to take that unit out of the car and re-program it, or something to allow it to play regular DVD's. C'mon isnt a DVD play a DVD player?

Then again, this isnt the first honda nav. system and I've yet to hear of someone doing such a thing...

·
Registered
241 Posts
intresting thing about the card reader, im suprised they would have such a feature, i mean you can still play mp3s if you burin it on a disc right?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts