8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one I haven't read about on the 8th or anywhere. 2007 Civic Sidan. 1800 miles. Stock except for hood deflector and V1. This interior sound has been there since Day 1.

There is an interior noise that sounds like it's coming from the steering column, possible on the left side. Here's the weird part -- it's MUCH worse when the car is cold and most evident when going up or down a hill at highway speed. And the only way I can describe it is that it sounds almost like a Geiger counter detecting radiation! Not a static-type noise, but a constant ticking sound. Weird I know :redface: It won't be hard for them reproduce the noise -- I hear it every morning on my way to work.

I'll be asking my dealer to check it out so if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to steer them in the right direction and avoid the wild goose chase. Anyone have this / hear this / fixed this? Any ideas? TIA! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Mine was doing this too.

When I checked the handle for the telescopic function, it was a bit loose. I tightened it up and all went away.

Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts