8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed two LED strips under the dash, and linked my dome lights to the map lights (as well as changing out the bulbs to LEDs) the other day and it all dimmed perfectly for about a week. Today I noticed that it all stays on without turning off. The car can be off and locked and they still stay on. The lights were all tapped to the dome light wiring (hence they all dimmed). Anyone have an idea what could be the problem? I'm going to trace the wires and see if anything got grounded to something other than the dome ground. But if anyone has any insight please let me know.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Dwn4nythng said:
Loose wire? Burnt relay?
I would definately check your wiring. On the 06-07 Civic, like pretty much every import vehicle on the market, the dome supervision/door triggers are negative in polarity. You want it to go to ground so the wire is definitely not "grounding out." I'm not sure what wire you tapped into either, though.

If you are running 12v constant to that wire, your lights are going to stay on. Check it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Situation under control. I had a hot wire run up in the head liner and it was touching something. Pulled the unneeded wire and it's all good. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts