8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, it is OEM but, I replace the bleu leds with red ones.
Gosh I really want the red!!! I can't stand the blue!! Honda should really make a red for Si...

But I am wondering, where did you get the LEDs? I took it out and it seems like it is square shape and it is soldered. What should I do?

Please help!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
a have both (fogs and blue int lighting) but neither are "oem" but you could never tell....plus i saved money buy getting aftermarket lighting..... and i can run both @ the same time.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
a have both (fogs and blue int lighting) but neither are "oem" but you could never tell....plus i saved money but getting aftermarket lighting..... and i can run both @ the same time.....

Would you be able to provide pics, parts requirements and Tech instructions? Thank you!

·
Registered
680 Posts
You can use the factory kit with fogs. If something is plugged into the fuse box, unplug that and plug the new interior light harness into the fuse box. Then plug the factory fog lights into the new harness. The instructions mention this.

You will just have to figure out (coupe people) where to put the additional switch for the interior lights.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got both on my coupe, I did the fogs the way there suppose to, than tap into the fuse box for the Illumination kit, mount the switch elsewhere, ill get pics up later =D

·
Registered
93 Posts
information on this thread seems to be false. if your car has OEM fogs, and you order the OEM interior illumination kit, the new kit will come with an adapter so that you can use both in the same fuse. please keep this in mind.

i have ordered the jdm red interior illumination kit from a japanese seller years ago. the ctr version is exact same as the USDM except that there is no button to turn it on/off, the jdm is wired to work with your headlights. the part number for the jdm one is 08E10-SNW-D000-90JA00. you would need a japanese connection in order to acquire this part. even dealers can't order them. installation is quite easy, some minor drilling of holes.

as for the fogs, i did not install them myself. i ordered my car with it, so i wouldnt be able to tell you how extensive that is. good luck. i hope this helps clears things up.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts