8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey 8th,

First thread here... Just wondering if interior footwell lights are legal in Vancouver? I just had them installed earlier today, and have no idea of how they are in terms of the law.

edit - they're blue on both front driver and passenger side
Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think as long as they are not on during the vehicle is in motion, it should be fine. It is illegal if they are install exterior of the car tho :p. Honda does offer footwell light as an accessory to purchase, correct me if im wrong. I have mine installed, as well.. been fine for me.

Hope that clear some concerns.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. They're installed and turn on when I turn the night time lights on. However the only reason why I'm concerned is that my dad drives the car too, and I wouldn't want him to get a ticket!

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah.. They're installed and turn on when I turn the night time lights on. However the only reason why I'm concerned is that my dad drives the car too, and I wouldn't want him to get a ticket!

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I understand where you are coming from, sometimes I lend my car to my dad too. Like I said, if its not on during the ride is in motion, you and him should be fine. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for late reply, I have family friends in the RCMP and they have told me there is nothing in the Motor Vehicle Act to prohibit footwell lighting. They are legal to run while in motion!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts