8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on this? For a while now, my blower motor has been whistling, no matter what the speed; only higher speeds make it less noticable because of the air blowing.

I don't want to buy a new fan but if I have to I will.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda posted that in a hurry last night, just wanted to include that I pulled the motor out yesterday, unfortunately it's sealed up pretty good and I don't want to break it out just to see if I can fix it. Sounds like it's an issue in the actual motor meaning I guess I'm just better off replacing it or dealing with the annoying sound. Anyone have any clue as to how much a new one would run me? Any places online to look for a used one?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the same issue too, and took it to the dealer. They said that the noise is normal. I even told them that the noise was not present before and they told me that they have replaced blowers before with the same issue and the noise would still be present or return.

I am not sure if they are telling the truth and was wondering if i should bring it to another dealer to take care of the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts