8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'm still new here. I just had my 08si non-navi retrofitted with the navi from an 06si. Love the navi by the way. I also had my roof and door pillars redone in black suede. The problem now is that the oh s#1t handles don't match nor do the sun visors or light fixtures... Painting is an option, but not my first choice. Does anyone know if handles and visors from another year or model will work? Recomendations of anykind welcome.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Ok, I'm still new here. I just had my 08si non-navi retrofitted with the navi from an 06si. Love the navi by the way. I also had my roof and door pillars redone in black suede. The problem now is that the oh s#1t handles don't match nor do the sun visors or light fixtures... Painting is an option, but not my first choice. Does anyone know if handles and visors from another year or model will work? Recomendations of anykind welcome.
I dont think handles and visors from another year (civic) came in black. I would say dont paint them. Can be risky buisness if not done correctly. Im not sure on the dimensions or other models though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm afraid that painting will look crappy. Plus if they're ever scratched then the gray underneath the paint will show and give me an aneurism.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Yea, painting the interior can be very tricky and usually its not done correctly. If you dont do it correctly it can chip away, fade, and if its in an area where you touch it alot (just examples armrests, handles,) it will rub off overtime. If anything try to do a little custom work and add some fabric to them. Lemme know what you decide to do. Im interested to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the advice guys, keep it coming. When I figure out how to post some pics I'll get those up, I think the black suede looks good, it's just that the gray clashes.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I appreciate the advice guys, keep it coming. When I figure out how to post some pics I'll get those up, I think the black suede looks good, it's just that the gray clashes.
Yea I believe you. Id be cool if you had some custom carbon fiber visors! lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure about carbon fiber...
I am however starting to get used to the grey, maybe if I just took the visors apart and recovered the cloth...
also bump for pics

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Yeah I was gonna say, no way a DIY job! My advice is to have an upholstery shop take care of the visors at least. Or have your buddy do it since he does a good job. I wouldnt tackle that yourself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was thinking about getting red Si stitching in the back seats to match the front. My buddy also said he could recover all the seats in real suede (I didn't know that the they were fake). I'd like some suggestions for other interior mods. I'm pretty pleased with the stock power right now. My last ride was a 03 civic ex, so the si is still very exciting to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts