8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the fog lights installed on my EX Coupe on Tuesday. Just noticed today that the rear-view mirror controls, that are right next to the fog light controls, no longer work. Very weird. The instant I discovered this, I went to the dealership and made an appointment for Monday to get it fixed.

If anyone had the fog lights installed after delivery, I would check to make sure the mirror controls still work!

·
Registered
143 Posts
They probably disconnected the harness for em and forgot to plug it back in. Doesnt sound like something anyone else should be worried about. Yours should be good to go pretty quickly after you bring it back also. In fact, if I were you, I'd pop it out and check that myself before wasting my time with a service visit if that's all it is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C17chief said:
They probably disconnected the harness for em and forgot to plug it back in. Doesnt sound like something anyone else should be worried about. Yours should be good to go pretty quickly after you bring it back also. In fact, if I were you, I'd pop it out and check that myself before wasting my time with a service visit if that's all it is.
I understand that someone such as yourself who is the crew chief of a C17 Globe Master would feel comfortale doing that, but myself I would be afraid of breaking something else! Not very mechanically inclined.

Don't get me wrong, I can change the oil and feel relatively comfortable doing some stuff that would make a soccer mom cringe, but as for electrical work: too many near electrocutions cut that idea short very quickly! :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as C17Chief had predicted, someone had forgotten to completely "re-plugin" the power cable, nothing else. I am happy that was all. I have it back!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good job guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts