8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Told ya'll I was sneaky.

Official MSRP is $19,600.

I figured if anybody knew, my insurance company should know. Honda has to provide information to them pre-sales and this information goes into a national record. Insurance companies can actually use this information and begin giving quotes to their consumers and the information given to them has to be based on an MSRP not an estimate.

When you guys started talking about insurance quotes, somebody mentioned getting a quote for an Si. I figured this close to some kind of date release date, my insurance agent would know what the price is so I called her. She said they've done this many-a-time for people before, so I said it couldn't hurt to ask. I'm glad I did. Now I can put my downpayment on it.

So there you go. Ain't ya proud of me? :D lol

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ok, so is this for real or are you just kidding??? The two of you confused me. I just want to make sure so I can got put a deposit for my Si tonight. Actually, im calling my insurance company to see what they say.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I work at a honda dealership in sales and the MSRP for a Civic EX Coupe MT is
$18,260. That is with out the 550 destination fee. I would love for the SI to be $19,600. I just cant see that being feasible. But we should be getting pricing soon. Ill post it the same day.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have an si on order and just called my insurance company to get a quote, but they needed the vin to get an exact quote. They gave me an idea by going by the 05 si info.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thanks Hondasales, would you please also post the msrp for an Si with Navi? Better yet, can you post the dealer invoice prices also?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
audibleforce said:
Ok, so is this for real or are you just kidding??? The two of you confused me. I just want to make sure so I can got put a deposit for my Si tonight. Actually, im calling my insurance company to see what they say.

I was just joking about working for Chevy...I work for Best Buy ;)

But I, however, was not kidding about the price. That's what my insurance agent told me. She used the VIN # from the website and got that price.

Like you, I didn't want to put down a deposit until I knew the price for sure. I should've gotten a price for a NAV equipped for those of you wanting that option, but I didn't even think about it because I'm not getting it anymore. (the Nav, not the Si...lol)

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jaranath said:
Heyyy...by the way. What WAS the premium quote you got from them?
For my insurance? I'm only 20 so I'm still in that "at high risk" age bracket, so she quoted me at $780 for 6 months for the Si. That's $130 a month, which is outrageous to some but it's better than most my peers, so I'm not going to complain. Granted, that has yet to go down. I haven't added my girlfriend to my policy yet. She's over 25, out of the bracket and being a female, is lower anyway.

I was doing the math to see if I really could afford this car with school and all, and here are my own numbers. Take it for what it's worth.

With a down payment of $1300, 6.9% APR and a 60 month term, I'm at $369 a month. I'll never go a full 72 months on any car I buy, so I'll probably pay the car off before the end of my 60 month term. If you stretch your payments out over 72 months, sure your monthly payment goes down but you're almost guaranteed to have payed thousands in interest during your term. It's worth it for me to sacrifice a few dollars now than to have sacrificed a ton of money later on. If I can get the better job I'm applying for, I'll drop the term to 48 months with a monthly payment of $437.36 because I'll be able to afford it. That looks like a heck of a lot of money but it's $109.34 a week....some people go through that much in groceries. I don't have any children so with no real obligations to myself other than the usual stuff (rent, food, tuition), I can afford it. Living here in VT, my health insurance is covered by the state, so that's less money going out randomly and more to my 5 obligations. Again, rent, food, tuition, car payment and insurance and my bank. If I get this job, my car insurance will be payed for up to $100 dollars. $20-30 bucks for car insurance a month? Hell yeah, I'll take it...

Just something to think about...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was thinking of getting a longer term loan probably 60 months. That way my payments wouldn't be too exspensive and I could double up my payments during months I dont have alot of other expenses.

·
Registered
774 Posts
GeeOff said:
I was thinking of getting a longer term loan probably 60 months. That way my payments wouldn't be too exspensive and I could double up my payments during months I dont have alot of other expenses.
Yup, im doing the same thing. You never know what's going to happen so better safe than sorry.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
true...but I have side hustles (legal, of course) that bring in extra money a month. I actually quit working for a while to focus just on school and made and sold music while I wasn't working to pay the bills. Because my demand was high enough, I made more money than when I was being payed hourly at Best Buy. But a big reason I want to go get the other job is because I miss the working environment. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts