8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's this guy who is trying to sell a GSR for five grand. I heard a lot about the b18c motors and how rare they are. Anybody think I should buy it? If i go boost, would the gsr be a better choice over my fg2? A ajp kit costs 5 grand compared to a gsr i dont know. Ls/Vtec is favorable but how much would that cost if I run boost on a gsr? The 06 si is taking forever to get a tuning option. A gsr sounds good to me right now. Any input?

·
Registered
9 Posts
GSR is a completly different car compared to our civics i had two gsr before i got my fa5 but i would really think about getting it because they are alot of fun i wish i still had mine i would take it in a heart beat if i had the money but for boost i dont know you sight what some lower sompression like ls for that but you can still boost a gsr that is your choice :wavey:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a b18 instead of b17 so im guessing like around 94 and up? I dont know if i should get it cause my fg2 is my daily driver.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
GSR's are only 130 lbs lighter than an FG2. So if you boost your FG2 for that 5000, say with a Redshift S/C, you will be faster than a boosted GSR with an aftermarket SC on it due to the increase in power the K20 brings. I've owned a GSR and it was slower than the FG2 even with I/H/HFC/E. So, just keep your FG2. Its faster, handles better, quieter, and gets better mpg etc.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well the thing is the fg2 is taking forever for a tuning option. GSR has been out for a decade and has a decade worth of stuff. Here's my situation though, have the gsr or a 240sx for daily and boost fg2 or the other way around. I was thinking more towards gsr so if it messes up, it would be like i messed up a 5 grand car instead of messing up a 21 grand fg2.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Boost the 240 for DD and boost the FG for fun. That way you get to experience two different cars instead of 2 fwd boosted hondas.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
^^ yes that. Go for a 240sx boosted, that would be insanely fun. Why have two fwd hondas when you can have a fwd and a rwd of a different car marker.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts