8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

intake

822 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  drunkrusski101 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, so i bought an intake on eBay but i just send him the money through paypal without bidding on it because the auction was ending in 6 days i got my intake 3 days ago and it was missing a filter I emailed the guy back and he never responded so far i send him like 3 emails, what should i do next? He has an eBay store and sells performance parts.

#4 ·
Send him an email and let him know that you'll be leaving bad feedback if he doesn't respond in 48 hours. After that, if he still doesn't respond you'll be submitting a buyer complaint to PayPal for "item not as described". Then wait.

If he still doesn't respond, then do exactly that. It'll be a hassle to work with paypal to try to straighten this up. If you're not up for the hassle, I'd say just leave him bad feedback and buy the missing part separately.

#6 ·
alpha said:
Send him an email and let him know that you'll be leaving bad feedback if he doesn't respond in 48 hours. After that, if he still doesn't respond you'll be submitting a buyer complaint to PayPal for "item not as described". Then wait.

If he still doesn't respond, then do exactly that. It'll be a hassle to work with paypal to try to straighten this up. If you're not up for the hassle, I'd say just leave him bad feedback and buy the missing part separately.
he cant do any of that because it was a dealing outside of ebay...he didnt bid on it, which means he didnt win, therfeor not possible to leave feedback.
and ebay will not file any report for him since he didnt purchase it through the site...

#8 ·
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
he cant do any of that because it was a dealing outside of ebay...he didnt bid on it, which means he didnt win, therfeor not possible to leave feedback.
and ebay will not file any report for him since he didnt purchase it through the site...
D'oh! Sorry, I read it wrong. Ignore my post above.

What I should've posted was...

If he doesn't respond than he's not responding on purpose and you're just screwed. Sorry to say it so bluntly but the risks of buying/selling on ebay (already high enough) is quadrupled when the transaction is done outside of ebay. There is a reason why ebay has so many "protection" policies, besides it sounding good to the casual buyer/seller, sometimes they do help hedge some risk.

For future reference, if you want to buy from someone directly instead of waiting around, request that they modify the item to put it "Buy It Now" price on it. It's that simple.

#11 ·
Was it supposed to ship with a name brand filter or just "a filter". Chances are it was going to ship with a shitty filter anyways, and I would not want to use one on my car. Take this as a chance to get a good filter for it.

If it was supposed to ship with something good then I donno, you bought it without actually bidding on it so I don't know if your protected by anything.

How the hell did he accept that anyways? If it was buy it now you could have bought it then. If it was a $200 intake and the current bid was $40 what did you do, just send him $100 or something??? I'm confused as to why he actually sent it out!

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.